Resolume Record Function

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
morymb
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume Record Function

Post by morymb »

I want to be clear on the record function, and know for sure if it is designed as a dedicated real time representation of the performance, or just a quick-on the fly-looping tool to reimport quick visual sketches back in to the main line.

I had about 15 stacked videos with synched audio files in one single column vertically.

I used midi shortcut to solo each track. Then I just starting sequencing the tracks via midi solo and recorded it in realtime.

At first everything was FLYING. Fast, totally workable. My render outs were peach.

Then, after about 4 rehearsal runs without recording, things started to seriously lag, and my recorded files became the usual trash file. ie-SPED UP, OUT OF SYNCH, THen slowing down, etc.
Garbage.

I'm wondering, because I am naive about a lot of tech stuff, believe me - is there a cache that might be getting filled up, causing these performance/render issues?

At this rate, even if I COULD figure out how to get on eof those screen recorders to recognize my 2nd hdtv display as a record target, and not just a black screen with audio, it wouldn't matter because NOW the performance aspect of Resolume is shitting out..lagging, etc.

Cache issue? Any cleaning I can do for something like this?

Like I said, it was working like a charm, even with all those stacked column clips with effects dropped in and map[ped, and audio attached to each as a combined dxv3 file.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume Record Function

Post by He2neg »

The record function is not a real record function for recording a whole show.

i use it for quick recordings for

stills (instead of screenshot the output)
loops of multiple layers ( i replace it then and save some space)
realy quick n dirty loops (i.e. i had a frind with a band need to have some visuall stuff for handing over aat a gig) i took theire logo and just had a few effects placed over it and recorded this (quicker then AE for me)

but i dont use it regular at all ;)

It was a time were the record function was limited to the free ram of your system, but when im right it was changed in version 7 and can be longer now.

If you want to record long and complex setups i would give you the advice to use a 2nd System for that.
you can send your composition either via a capture card or via ndi and network. This recording system dont have to be a full power machine ... as usuall try try try..
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

morymb

Post by morymb »

Thanks for that!

You wouldn't happen to be aware of any capture software that would play nice with a win10 i7 32gb ram 8 core gtx880m notebook would you?

I tried OBS, but when starting the output record, it says my drivers may not be updated. This is after I rigged my integrated graphics as the main thing for OBS, just to get a visible target preview screen instead of black.

Try, try, try indeed! :lol:

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

morymb wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 18:29
You wouldn't happen to be aware of any capture software that would play nice with a win10 i7 32gb ram 8 core gtx880m notebook would you?

Nope Sry.... i would need to search and try as well...

* anyone here * the class * ferris? * ...ferris??*
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

morymb

Post by morymb »

"Frye?..."

That's cool, man. I think I may try and get the resolume rec out to function better by investigating my own set-up!

itsallgood1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by itsallgood1 »

Hi guys, I'm new here & to this & just researching requirements before buying & wanted to know if (I didn't want to create a new post) with Resolume I can record what for example a 10 minute creation (eg if I was to do a live video for a track or song & wanted to keep what I'd just done).

I can see this article - https://resolume.com/support/en/6/recording but I'm not 100% clear from it if that answers my above question.

Very many thanks for any input.

Appreciated.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you're new to Resolume, I'd recommend looking at the current version's manual ;)
http://resolume.com/support/en/recording

Recording is improved a lot in v7, why not just give it a try to see what your hardware can do?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu