Video output identification

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
LJ2F
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video output identification

Post by LJ2F »

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my outputs displays. I'm using two screens with my computer. The first one is used to edit my composition in Resolume Arena 6 and the second as a monitor.
So I'm going to the output menu and then I select Fullscreen display 2.
But my screens are inverted between Windows 10 and Resolum 6.
When I hit the button Identify displays, both are differents. For Windows screen 1 is number 1 and for Resolume screen 1 is number 2.
01.png
02.png
How can I manage the outputs in Resolume and inform this display is 1 and this one is 2 ?

Thank you for the help :)

Best

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Video output identification

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah, the display numbering is inconsistent currently.
We have a ticket to improve this.
Unfortunately the display order is also not consistent between the nvidia drivers and windows, and the displays are not listed in the same order on different pages of the nvidia driver either...
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

LJ2F
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Video output identification

Post by LJ2F »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Indeed, in the Windows Control Pannel, the first screen is the number 1 and the second one is number 2 but in the Nvidia Control Panel this is inverted. That's why Resolume was different to Windows. There is a misunderstanding between Resolume, Windows and Nvidia.
I think it's the Nvidia driver which is taking over Resolume in the end, not Windows.
Resolume really show how the screens are pluged to the graphic card, unlike Windows.
So, I have rewired my connections then I have identify my both screens in the Nvidia Control Panel and done the same in Windows. This time, everything matches.
01.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
Thanks again,

Best