Composition regularly turns off for 5 sec

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Vjjoly
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Composition regularly turns off for 5 sec

Post by Vjjoly »

I always put a lot of effect on my layer (between 10 and 15) and sometimes use them together. I can't say if it turns black after a specific manipulation. But I am pretty sure it happens when I am using an effect on my loop. And for me, everything is working well inside my composition.
yes it comes back alone after 3-5 seconds with the same loop I was playing before. Even if I click on another loop, hoping that the black disappear, nothing happens and I have to wait.

Is there a maximal number of effects in one layer you recommend ?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Vjjoly wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 16:37 Is there a maximal number of effects in one layer you recommend ?
I'd recommend the amount of concurrent effect instances that still keeps your composition frame rate above 25.

On the frame rate, when you enable Show FPS in the Output menu, and your composition goes black, does the FPS count in the Preview monitor dip also?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dreamaticos
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dreamaticos »

It sounds kind of like your running the trial version. It will black out your composition(has resolume written but it’s hard to spot sometimes) and says “res oh lume” in a robotic voice. Pretty much like you’re describing. I might check to make sure it’s properly registered.