Problem NDI output ...

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
AEK
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Problem NDI output ...

Post by AEK »

Hi,
As a visualizer, we use Realizzer. We have been working with this visualizer for a very long time and have never had a problem. For many years, we have been using the main mapping program for MadMapper, which is very friendly with Realizzer. Today there is a need to make visualization using Arena. Video stream, as in the case of MadMapper, we transmit through NDI. But, all our efforts to make friends Realizzer and Arena have not yet yielded good results. For some mysterious reason, Realizzer receives a video stream from Arena in two gradations of brightness (!). We cannot blame Realizzer for this, because, according to the same NDI protocol, MadMapper does not have this problem. In the video I recorded an example of how it looks. I'd like to understand and eliminate the situation ...

https://yadi.sk/i/g1bNEI9gWB4uKA

Best regards,
Andrey

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Problem NDI output ...

Post by Zoltán »

In your recording, Newtek NDI monitor seems to show the stream as it goes out of Resolume.
I'd say this is an issue on the receiver side.

Resolume sends the stream with Alpha, looks like Realizzer ignores the alpha channel. Try playing a black solid in your bottom layer in Resolume, or enable Black BG in the advanced output for your NDI slice.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 12.06.51 du..png
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 12.06.51 du..png (67.49 KiB) Viewed 8453 times
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AEK

Post by AEK »

Thanks for the answer Zoltán. Unfortunately, your advice did not work. Very unpleasant situation. If you think that the problem is how the Realizzer works with the alpha channel, then this would also happen with MadMapper. But, this does not happen - the Realizzer with the alpha channel received from MadMapper works fine ...

https://yadi.sk/i/aPN7ECH8oGce3w

Best regards,
Andrey.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Newtek NDI Monitor shows the image fine right?
So another program receiving the same stream is able to show the image, and another one isn't, then this is an issue with the other receiver.

I've tried both the black still image on layer 1, and also enabling the black BG option on the slice in the screen sending to NDI.

If I now move the fader of the layer playing the video clip, then Realizzer follows the brightness properly for me with either.

Moving the composition master in Resolume fades to transparent, you're using that to fade the output.

BTW, in your video looks like you're trying to use the composition output, with this you should try the Black image on bottom layer, if you'd be using Advanced output to send your NDI, then the checkbox is an alternative.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

AEK

Post by AEK »

Yes, in the case of black still image this works fine. But, in the case of color RGB footage, this does not work. And this situation is very upsetting ...
Zoltán, as an alternative to NDI, we tried using SPOUT (Realizzer and Arena work on the same computer). The problem that we are discussing now is not with SPOUT. But, in this version, Arena works very unreliably and often crashes. Why is this so?

Best regards,
Andrey.
Last edited by AEK on Fri May 22, 2020 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

AEK wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 15:49 The problem that we are discussing now is not with SPOUT. But, in this version, Arena works very unreliably and often crashes. Why is this so?
Hard to say without the crash report did it pop up after the crash, and were you able to send it?

AEK

Post by AEK »

I close the question of the possibility of using SPOUT as a solution to the problem. SPOUT CAM(even 800x600 30fps mode) causes a significant delay and slowdown) Also, the use of the SPOUT to NDI converter does works without delay, but does not transmit masks (screen).
Zoltán, a demo version of Realizzer is available for free download(www.realizzer.com). You can download it, test it and find the right way to solve the problem. I beg you to do this. It seems to me that the only proven solution for transmitting a video stream without losing all the attributes from Arena (network and local) is NDI.

Best regards,
Andrey.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

AEK wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 17:26 Zoltán, a demo version of Realizzer is available for free download(www.realizzer.com). You can download it, test it and find the right way to solve the problem.
As I said, there are two workarounds you can do, one is the black solid on bottom, the other is sending the NDI from your Advanced output screen and checking the Black BG on the slice. Both work for me with Realizzer.

Also, as this seems to be an issue on the receiver side, it needs to be addressed in Realizzer.

AEK

Post by AEK »

Zoltán wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:01 As I said, there are two workarounds you can do, one is the black solid on bottom, the other is sending the NDI from your Advanced output screen and checking the Black BG on the slice. Both work for me with Realizzer.
Those. you can use these workarounds to transfer masks (screen) in Realizzer? This one doesn’t work for us. Perhaps we are doing something wrong. Please send a short video with an example of how to do this.
Zoltán wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:01 Also, as this seems to be an issue on the receiver side, it needs to be addressed in Realizzer.
How can you explain the normal operation of MadMapper without the use of workarounds? Does he use the same NDI protocol...

Best regards,
Andrey.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

This is how it works nicely via the advanced output. On the bottom left you can see the Realizzer window.
Képernyőfotó 2020-05-25 - 22.46.37.png
AEK wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 13:20 How can you explain the normal operation of MadMapper without the use of workarounds? Does he use the same NDI protocol...
I think it's best to contact the makers of Realizzer about this.