Build server Dual CPU Xeon for resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
kevin
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Build server Dual CPU Xeon for resolume

Post by kevin »

Dear,
I am building server for Resolume with 2 CPUs Xeon Scalable Silver 4114, the render card is 2080Ti and 2pcs 2070S for extend. In fact, we built with core i9 before but now i want use ECC and make stable for the system but not sure it will make conflicts for resolume and it still running good or not.
I also consult some topics in the forum and almost recommend CPU higher frequency but maybe have some master use like this and OK before so still want some advice about this.
Many thanks,

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Build server Dual CPU Xeon for resolume

Post by Arvol »

What is your thought process behind a dual cpu system? What advantages are you looking to gain from that?

What's is the I/O count, composition size, and amount of clips you are looking to process at any given time?

kevin
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Build server Dual CPU Xeon for resolume

Post by kevin »

Arvol wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 15:39 What is your thought process behind a dual cpu system? What advantages are you looking to gain from that?

What's is the I/O count, composition size, and amount of clips you are looking to process at any given time?
Dear Arvol,
this is 2 CPU from my friend, he not use so he give it for me and I thought use with RAM ECC and Xeon, the system will more stable although the frequency not good but i think still OK.
I built it for events, next few days I will have event with 14 projectors, total resolution around 16K x 1080, I use FX4-HDR to separate the screen, the content have 3 contents running in 3 layers: 1 is 7k x 1080, 2 is 8k x 1080, 3 is fullHD.
Many thanks,