resolume and onedrive problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

resolume and onedrive problems

Post by mowgli »

I don't want to use onedrive but Resolume defaults to the Documents folder so I keep getting a duplicate in onedrive. After googling I uninstalled onedrive but this has brought loads of problems. The onedrive folder keeps reappearing if I delete it. Now I'm in a situation where I can't install onedrive. If I do I briefly get a spinner and then it doesn't open. Apparently I need to install it again to properly swicth off this annoying folder replication which is driving me nuts. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Alternatively, if I could move the Resolume files out of the documents folder this would be a workaround, is this possible?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: resolume and onedrive problems

Post by Arvol »

This would be a issue with your os. I haven't had any issues with one drive, since I don't use it. Resolume (among many other apps) defaults to the documents folder. You'll need to do some online searching to figure out the one drive issue.
Do you use one drive or can you just sign out of it and disable it?

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

I started by disabling onedrive, it still kept everything inside the onedrive folder so I uninstalled onedrive. It still kept everything inside the onedrive folder. I deleted onedrive folder. All my documents were gone. The onedrive folder reappeared and this goes on and on. I've now been told that the way to resolve this is to reinstall onedrive, activate it and then follow this lengthy process to completely disable everything and then uninstall it again.

The problem is that now onedrive doesn't install at all. The .exe is there but opening it doesn't do anything other than briefly flashing a spinner. I basically stuck in this situation. I've done plenty of searching and followed loads of different suggestions to no avail. The thing is that this issue appears to be very common but I've not found a solution.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Google should give a few results on ondrive not installing. Here is the direct download, maybe it helps: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microso ... e/download

If you get it working, there is an option in the Onedrive settings - Account tab, where you can choose your synced folders.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu