Audio reactivity Fall

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Indigo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Audio reactivity Fall

Post by Indigo »

Hi. How many have noticed how different the "fall" knob in audio fft is in newer versions of the Resolume?

In versions 5 and earlier, the fall adjusted how fast would the controlled parameter fall to zero. In newer versions (6 and newer) the fall adjusts how long the incoming signal peak is held. This is a huge difference and was the main reason I didn't want to purchase the new Resolume.

In old versions, in audio reactivity you could have some things happen now and then, in 6 & 7 using the audio reactivity makes something happen all the freaking time.
The envelope is a great new thing, but doesn't help much.

Explaining the external fft fall difference in other words: Using incoming audio and gaining "fall" knob in 6&7, it's like the incoming audio would have a huge reverb effect.

Please resolume, update the fall to behave like in the old versions, I would be so happy.

regards, Juha / VJ Indigo

theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Audio reactivity Fall

Post by theLABVisuals »

As far as i can tell it works the same, except the dial is in the opposite position.
#alcohol
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

vectorfuton
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vectorfuton »

Are you an Ableton user at all? The template I am currently designing integrates a 'Reactive Signal' rack allowing for more flexibility and customization in terms of envelope shaping of signals. It requires you to send OSC from Live to Resolume, so maybe it wouldn't work in your existing setup, but if it *is* a crucial feature for you, I think my workaround might be of some benefit.

Indigo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Indigo »

theLABVisuals wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 19:55 As far as i can tell it works the same, except the dial is in the opposite position.
#alcohol
It does not work the same anymore.

Try giving Resolume 6 or 7 audio reactivity a single very short sound, like a closed hihat. Then add some fall. You you can see in the audio graph, that the sound virtually keeps playing. If you have the fall in the maximum, the audio graph shows sound almost forever, though you only had a very short single sound.

Again, Resolume 4 & 5 fall adjusts the how fast the PARAMETER falls that you will control by audio reactive signal.

I guess I have to make a video to explain this simply enough.

I hope at least Zoltán understands this issue? :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Aside the Fall dial behavig inversely, the params do react the same for me.

I think you mean the FFT display is falling slower in v6 and 7?
If you check the slim volume display on the right of the spectrum, that's doing the same in both versions, following the param fall.
In v7 the Spectrum is now also following the fall adjustment, so you can see easier what's going on.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu