I can't see the decks!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes ,I had the same problem.
Solution : Save your deck and then load it again into a free space.This is just for checking if it's saved correct.
If not,just save and check it again.2nd time is mostly allright.

Good luck.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi All,

We are looking into this problem. And we hope we can finally fix this white preview bug forever. It's getting on my nerves.

Please use version 2.2! In version 2.0 there were many bugs that caused the white previews. In version 2.2 there is only one case that i found when resolume starts creating white previews.
If you save a deck for the first time make sure you don't use the 'Save as..' option in the deck tab popup.

The best bet is to allways use the Save Button for now.
Use the 'Save as..' function (right click the Save Deck button) only when the deck is allready saved . So don't use 'Save as..' on new decks.

I hope you can press any button any time when we release a new version.

Cheers
Edwin de Koning

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

Originally posted by edwin
Hi All,

We are looking into this problem. And we hope we can finally fix this white preview bug forever. It's getting on my nerves.

Please use version 2.2!

Edwin de Koning
merci beaucoup, Edwin!

if you refer to my posting above on 21-5-2005, i explain what i see in those .dck files (notepad). would you like us to send you examples of our .dck files that have this problem?

btw, i've been using 2.0 and it just started having this issue, otherwise either method of saving had always worked before.

good luck :)

peace-olah, juLiE

meek

Post by meek »

Hi all,

Im getting the same problem in Resolume 2.2,
White previews, and sometimes no preview what so ever - it will look like theres no clip there at all when there is !

This seems to happen on decks made mainly of Cinepak AVIs and MPEGs, my SWFs seem to preview ok.

Like everyone else said - this is a real pain in the ass !
Will attempt to fix and post any findings back here.

My hardware spec:
Operating System: Win XP Home
Processor: 2.81 ghz P4
Videocard: NVidia GeForce 6600 GT
Files type: .avi .mpg
Codec: cinepak, mpeg

James // Meek VJ Crew
http://www.meek.tv

Screen shot below -

meek

Post by meek »

Ok,
Ive noticed a toatally weird trend with this bug that if I load files into a new deck on the left hand side of the deck and save it it is fine when I re-open it.
...But if I load files into a blank deck on the right hand side and then save it (with no files on the left of the deck) and then re-open the deck I get those nasty white previews.

What the hell is that all about ???

Also (different issue now) in old versions of Resolume I could load a deck onto another deck, so I could merge two decks together where there were empty channels. Now Resolume clears the old deck and puts the new deck on top - this is annoying because I want to mix background decks with overlay decks for variety each time. Like Resolume channel jigsaw puzzels if that makes sense...

Anyway - please can i be able to merge decks and have previews again guys ?!!

James
Meek VJ Crew
http://www.meek.tv

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

aaarrrgggghhh...one day i might start dreaming about white previews.
But finally i think i got my head around it, thanx to meek.

O.k, workaround for the white previews, make sure you allways fill channel 1 and channel 2 with a clip. So don't save decks where the firt two channels are empty.
If you do this a lot of problems will not arise.

So please for all of you, only use the 'save deck' button and not popup menu. And do allways fiil the first two channel of the deck. I fixed the bugs now internally so this will be fixed for the next release.

Cheers and thanx for the feedback,
Edwin de Koning

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

i found a work around of sorts,

just move the in point parameter forward and the back to the start. this seems to fix it up some times but some times it only works if you leave the in point a few frames in. hope that helps :)