Recording without available column causes crash

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vectorfuton
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Recording without available column causes crash

Post by vectorfuton »

Searched around, didn't find anything. Anyway, I have an issue where if I 'Record' while in a deck that has it's cells filled and there is no empty space / additional column to put the new clip once recorded, the entire program crashes once I stop recording.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Recording without available column causes crash

Post by Arvol »

What version are you running? What happens if there is an empty column at the end? Sounds like you should just have an empty column, no?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume should always have a new empty column at the end of your deck.
This should be created automatically.

Could you send us the composition you see this crash with?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vectorfuton

Post by vectorfuton »

I'm up to date, version wise.

Yes, the Columns are automatically created along the way, but once I'm done messing around in a Deck and have everything stacked on Column 1 (as per my particular workflow), I tend to 'remove all after' the columns, leaving only Column 1, as to my mind it is tidier than having an extra empty column there. Then, with only Column 1 triggered and no extra columns available and empty, if I 'Record' it doesn't detect an empty cell and just crashes.

I've suggested elsewhere that the Record functionality be tweaked so as to bypass filling up cells / selecting newly recorded clips when you don't want them selected, etc... This bug is another reason why I think it could use some retooling.

I'm in the process of setting up streaming studio / broadcasting my workflow, so when that's all good and ready I will be able to directly demonstrate the issues I have with this software and hopefully you more experienced users can help me out! Things been busy and so have put some troubleshooting on the backburner, but pushing through here when I can...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Hmm, looks like you can remove the last empty column.
We'll check out how we can improve this, meanwhile, just add a column to your deck at the end.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dgodd

Post by dgodd »

+1 to this just discovered as well. I removed empty columns to keep composition clean

I sent an error report with the crash as well

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Sounds like s quick fix, just keep an empty column at the end. I don't know why you wouldn't do this?

dgodd

Post by dgodd »

That might be a quick fix on the user end, but for a polished product I would think the devs would want to know / fix it.

Also sucks when it happens to you for the first time after you just finished recording.

vectorfuton

Post by vectorfuton »

Why 'quick fix' when issues can just be 'fixed'? Clearly I'm not the only one who has encountered this annoyance.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Why is there not an empty column at the end? I see no benefit from purposely removing this.