Watch Folders

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
serch54
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Watch Folders

Post by serch54 »

I searched for the topic, but only a few outdated ideas involving AME popped up.
I propose a Source that links to a watch folder. This source is placed on a layer and whenever files are added it plops them in while moving one space to the right (like an empty column when you add a new one)

This would be great for adding functionality to a clients media server. They can add sponsor logos or or event pictures without having to take up my time to visit or remote in for the smallest of things.

A watch folder for Alley would be cool too, similar to AME. It runs the process then adds it to the Source watch folder that then adds it to their composition. They drop a file into NEW VIDEOS and it does it's thing and adds it to their giant projection system. win!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Watch Folders

Post by cosmowe »

A big big +1
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Full Spectrum
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Full Spectrum »

+1 for me too, though I'm not entirely sure what you mean by moving one space to the right.

Just having a Source that looks at a folder would be stellar. Having to deal with this right now. Theatre production. Every night, there's a photographer who takes photos of random audience members as they enter the theater. He then has to quickly upload them and replace and rename files on the server so that Resolume will accept the new versions. If they could just be placed in a folder, it would simplify the process.

Simplicity of operation = professional solution.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Do those people consent to the pictures?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

serch54

Post by serch54 »

Typically, at least where I've worked in the states, there are signs in the venue stating that by entering you are giving permission to use pictures or video taken in the venue as promotion.

Also looking for some kind of watch folder functionality. Could wire handle this or is deeper backend programming required?

Post by 24601 »

+1 for watch folders. Would be great for installs for clients to drop there content into a folder

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

+1

a root folder called "Watch Folders" for example ,

and we can make sub folders, with the exact name as the layer name it should populate