Network unstable while Arena running

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
audioseb
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Network unstable while Arena running

Post by audioseb »

Hello,

diferent network issues while Arena running and when i close the app, network get back to normal.
1 - while on skype comunication, when i open Arena, i'm getting packet losses and slowly loosing communication.
2 - while Arena running, chrome often return a "connection time out" when trying to connect to internet web pages
3 - when i'm running Arena and a webserver on my PC, data from the webserver sent to a wifi device running chrome get delayed or even not sent. What's strange on this one is that requests from the wifi device are made correctly but the info return from the webserver bugs a lot and situation gets worse minutes after minutes. If i close Arena things get back to normal

this happen even if OSC is off and the Arena webserver is off. However the Arena webserver is working fine

i really have no idea of what's going on.
i'm preparing a show for september and actually testing a part of the installation with the demo version, could it be the reason ?

Thanks for your help

AMD RYZEN 7 5800H. 32gO RAM. SSD. RTX3070 LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 ARENA 7.12DEMO

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Network unstable while Arena running

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like your router can't handle the traffic?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

audioseb

Post by audioseb »

thanks for reply

i tried with 2 different routers, i don't have any NDI traffic on network

i tried on my 2nd router with 2 PC and a wifi device connected, disconnected from internet.
on one PC is Arena, on the second is a software (chataigne) sending OSC to Arena and the wifi device allow me to remotely control the OSC sending software (chataigne).
request from wifi are ok but the interface update on the wifi device get delayed or time out. things get back to normal when i shut down Arena.
in this test, very few data are sent over network (OSC triggers and remote acess to triggers), so probably not a too big trafic problem.
i also tried to change port communication for OSC and remote triggering with no success

and firstly it's strange that opening (and not playing) Arena give me trouble accessing internet pages (returning " connection time out", not always but often). issue is disapearing as soon as i close Arena.

audioseb

Post by audioseb »

hello,

further investigations showing that the problem seemed to come from a sequence timer data streamed over network.

i had several sequence timers on my setup updating constantly over local network and deactivating them solved the problem.

i did not expect that 4 simple timers could overflow a 1 Gb ethernet network.

So mister Zoltan were right concerning that.

i will update this thread if needed but it's solved for me

thanks