NDI output not working with Arena 7.3.2

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
stagehand632
Is taking Resolume on a second date

NDI output not working with Arena 7.3.2

Post by stagehand632 »

So my output from Arena via NDI 5 shows only a black signal receiving on another computer on my network. Yet I can see the output on my NDI monitor that is on the same computer as Resolume. Also I can seen NDI streams coming in to resolume but it is showing offline.

I tried the work around i found on the forum. I turned on Black BG on my NDI output slice and that did not help. I am on wired connections using only the wired network adapter working in the same ip range and subnet. NDI is working fine on both computers sending and receiving signals. Its just the NDI input/output of resoulme not working.
IATSE Stagehand Local 632
Barco Certified Multi Screen operation
Analog Way LiveCore Certified Expert Operator
Analog Way LivePremier Certified Expert Operator

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: NDI output not working with Arena 7.3.2

Post by Zoltán »

Arena 7.3.2 is not doing NDI 5.

Why do you think it's NDI5 ?

Probably a networking issue though, where the announce messages go through, but the actual connection Can't be established because of a missing route, or firewall.
Check that you can ping the machine from the receiver end, and that firewalls are off.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

stagehand632
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by stagehand632 »

Thanks for the response, do you know when NDI 5 will be supported?

I was thinking it was a networking thing too originally. But NDI 5 was working perfectly with all my other programs. Its only the NDI input/output of Resolume that is not working. I had no problem being able to ping my machines. My guess is the new way NDI 5 encoded the signal. I thought it would at least be backward compatible with NDI 4 but that does not seem like that is the case.

NDI 5 comes in two flavors- compressed NDI | HX, and full NDI.

NDI|HX is a lot like the H.264 codec. It has an adjustable transmission bandwidth, where 1080P60 HD video defaults to 10Mbps.

Full NDI is an I-frame intra-frame compression scheme. During the transmission process, full NDI consumes a fixed bandwidth in your environment – where HD needs between 90-180Mbps and 4K clocks in with 200-300Mbps required.
IATSE Stagehand Local 632
Barco Certified Multi Screen operation
Analog Way LiveCore Certified Expert Operator
Analog Way LivePremier Certified Expert Operator

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

1080p@60 is 250Mbps full ndi ;)

I believe all ndi builds are backwards compatible, so sending a ndi 4 stream (from Resolume) should be detected by ndi 5 devices on the same network. Now sending ndi 5 to Resolume, that I wouldn't know if it would work or not.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Interesting, I've had issues RECEIVING NDI feeds on a PC, in any software, including Resolume.

When I upgraded the NDI tools to NDI 5, everything worked better, except Resolume, which is still on NDI 4.

Updating Resolume to use NDI 5 seems like it would be a good thing to do.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

gpvillamil wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 05:34 Updating Resolume to use NDI 5 seems like it would be a good thing to do.
Indeed, we're working on that ;)
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

JWood
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by JWood »

Is there any updates on updating Resolume to NDI 5? I have other pieces of software that are multiple updates behind, because I'm contingent on Resolume updating before updating the other.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We've been on NDI 5 since the 7.6 release ;)