Media manager-relocation not working

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Media manager-relocation not working

Post by mowgli »

Suddenly, my Arena comp has some media missing. No idea why as nothing has changed in my folders. Anyway, I relocate the file with the media manager, it asks me if I want to fix all the instances where the media appears, I click Ok and the media manager window corrects itself but nothing happens in the comp, the media still appears as missing.
So 2 things:
• Why is my media appearing as missing in the first place?
• Why is it not loading after I locate it?

mowgli

Re: Media manager-relocation not working

Post by mowgli »

After 5 attempts it worked, not great in a live situation. Still, why are the media being marked as missing when nothing's changed and the folder path that appears in the media manager is the correct one?

The files are in a Dropbox folder but saved locally if that helps.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

mowgli wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:15 The files are in a Dropbox folder but saved locally if that helps.
Files being in a Dropbox folder always asks for trouble.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

mowgli

Post by mowgli »

Does that mean that there's no solution? Maybe disconnecting from wifi although not ideal?
Dropbox allows me to easily work across different machines!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Dropbox also does stuff with the files.
I'd recommend keeping the files out of the dropbox folder, so you don't get any surprises like this.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Yeah..... Putting files on ANY cloud storage drive is asking for trouble! I tried this about 3 years ago and it was WAY more trouble than it was worth. 0/10 Do Not Recommend ;)

seethings
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by seethings »

I see that there's some other people here who say that it's best to not use cloud storage for Arena footage, but I don't understand why that should be an issue. I've long kept my footage library on Dropbox, but it's always been local. I recently needed to make room for a video project, so I made my entire Arena Footage folder, Online Only, thinking if I needed to run Arena, the Composition would load and connect with the footage, making local that which is in the current Composition. Well, to my dismay, it does not seem that it triggers Dropbox to make the files local again. Perhaps it should. This should be the way it works and it doesn't. Currently making all footage local again and will try later when it is.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

From personal experience and having it fail I'm just giving out a friendly warning. You do you, but I know it will eventually cause a failure, and if you want to risk your income and reputation on that, it's on you <3

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

seethings wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 19:18 thinking if I needed to run Arena, the Composition would load and connect with the footage, making local that which is in the current Composition. Well, to my dismay, it does not seem that it triggers Dropbox to make the files local again. Perhaps it should. This should be the way it works and it doesn't. Currently making all footage local again and will try later when it is.
It's the SmartSync feature you mention. It decides which files you don't need locally often. When Resolume tries to load a file which is only in the cloud, it will trigger the sync to local disk, and will take some time to finish to download. Resolume will wait for the file, and you won't be able to do anything till the file load finished.