Re: 16bit DMX fixtures and pixel drawing

Post by Arvol »

#2 is already do-able :)

phpBB [video]

curtislx@hotmail.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by curtislx@hotmail.com »

#2 is not doable, not in the way I'm talking about.

Any update on this resolume people?
This seems to be a pretty popular request! Even just dummy channels in the middle of fixture types would work for cryin out loud.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

How is that video not what you're asking for?

Jambalob

Post by Jambalob »

Just want to bump this again. 16bit fixtures would be a great feature. Most of the TV/Film people use PRG Mbox or other pixel mapping programs because they can accomplish this. I've been playing around with a few media servers and see a lot of advantages using Resolume with that one exception. There are other features I would like for Advanced Output in regards to pixel mapping and fixtures, but 16bit is at the top of the list.

curtislx@hotmail.com

Post by curtislx@hotmail.com »

:D
curtislx@hotmail.com wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 02:24 I could also really use these two features:

1- 16bit colour (being able to put dummy channels in between colours would work just fine as well.)

2- a way to control individual fixture intensity (opacity), or groups of fixtures intensity (opacity).
Even a way to enable/disable fixtures or lumiverses without having to go to the advanced output section.
Slice transform doesn't do this properly, i've tried a bunch of different ways.

I know it sounds whiny, I also love this product, but i assure you I could create and build much better with this kind of control. Merging lighting and video correctly.

I still use MA2 as well as resolume, so I'm not looking to replace my lighting console, just a nicer way of combining the two.

Thanks!

Dagobert

Post by Dagobert »

Hi Zoltan,

it would be really nice to at least add a workaround to control 16 bit fixtures with 8 bit data by adding something like a RRGGBB mode which just outputs the 8 bit values twice hence allowing a 6 channel 16 bit fixture. Real 16 bit color channels would be nicer, but this would fully suffice at least some applications.

Best regards -- Dago

boac

Post by boac »

I'm new to Resolume, coming from the lighting world. I'm actually surprised Resolume can't handle 16bt parameters and pretty disappointed it's not even possible to fake it with dummy channels. The fixture editor is really very basic.

This Topic is a few years old now, as is the last reply from Team Resolume... so I guess it's not likely to happen any time soon. Shame.