Manual Resolume

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Manual Resolume

Post by OdyPody »

I searched all the website but i didnt find one so my question is:

Is there an official Manual out there for Resoulme? as pdf for example. Or its "just" the Training Videos + learning by doing and asking if u need something specific?

Thanks for Info in advance.

najork
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Manual Resolume

Post by najork »

https://resolume.com/support/en?avenue-arena

There are some random articles at the top, but scroll down and you will see that most of the articles in order comprise the basic manual.
It's quite well written IMO; thorough for how short it is.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

They had a manual in v6 but since 7, I believe, it's all web based so anyone with a phone can search for topics.

AcdNrg
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AcdNrg »

Those .pdf manuals can be found in the application folder, under manuals.

Example for Windows:
C:\Program Files\Resolume Arena\manual\Resolume Manual.pdf

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

AcdNrg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 16:28 Those .pdf manuals can be found in the application folder, under manuals.
Not any more, sorry.
Everyone has a browser in their pocket now: http://resolume.com/support
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AcdNrg

Post by AcdNrg »

Thanks for the heads-up. Those in my folder are probably leftovers from a v6.x installation and were not deleted during upgrades. Covers the basics at least.

As for a "real" pdf manual: I get the "everything online" idea, much easier to maintain. That said, I´d still appreciate a reference manual in pdf format, preferably with TOC etc. Reason: Printing websites into .pdf does not always work as expected and even if you do, you often end up with bunch of single files that make searching a lot more hassle.

For someone who likes to read manuals during day-job business travel, website manuals are not an option because of shaky/no connection. Plus it´s pretty much an industry standard. Why was it dropped in the first place? Did nobody except me use them?

I may be wrong, but having a batch job run over the online articles and print them into a neat pdf for download isn´t that big of a task, especially if you have access to the server´s directory tree or document raw data.

Heck, I´d even volunteer to do this as a community service if the right access was granted.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

AcdNrg wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:20 Thanks for the heads-up. Those in my folder are probably leftovers from a v6.x installation and were not deleted during upgrades. Covers the basics at least.

As for a "real" pdf manual: I get the "everything online" idea, much easier to maintain. That said, I´d still appreciate a reference manual in pdf format, preferably with TOC etc. Reason: Printing websites into .pdf does not always work as expected and even if you do, you often end up with bunch of single files that make searching a lot more hassle.

For someone who likes to read manuals during day-job business travel, website manuals are not an option because of shaky/no connection. Plus it´s pretty much an industry standard. Why was it dropped in the first place? Did nobody except me use them?

I may be wrong, but having a batch job run over the online articles and print them into a neat pdf for download isn´t that big of a task, especially if you have access to the server´s directory tree or document raw data.

Heck, I´d even volunteer to do this as a community service if the right access was granted.
Print!?! :shock:
Paper media went to the wayside with disc's around 2019. You can literally be in the middle of a desert and still get internet connection.
Maybe a happy middleground would be to have your browser only print plain text, and have a "master" page that has the entire online catalog in a single page? Would be easier to just save the pages to offline viewing and call it a day, but again, you can get internet connection anywhere these days (hell, we sent tweets from mars 2 years ago....) and the online version is much easier to search for topics than a pdf. Just my 2 cents. Let's focus our time and energy on features that everyone could use :)

AcdNrg

Post by AcdNrg »

Arvol,

printing to pdf for electronic consumption of course :D. I´ve been in the Netherlands recently and can confirm the great network coverage - unfortunately it´s not the same over here. Since I´m traveling quite a bit in my day job, I can only talk about the experience I have. Also: when going overseas, I don´t have too much luck with the onboard WiFi, more often than not it doesn´t work for me. But anyways.

I don´t see why searching a pdf is in any way harder than searching online, but it´s much harder to search in many pdfs than in a single one. So yes, that single page option might be a happy middleground. Text only might not be the greatest option for a software manual with screenshots, so let me try a few things first.

But I repeat: if the price for getting a full pdf is: AcdNrg needs to compile one at every release, I´d happily volunteer to do that for free. It would be helpful to do that from a better source format than .html, so if the resolume team is interested, let me know.