Resolume 7 Notes --- feature Requests

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Atreius
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume 7 Notes --- feature Requests

Post by Atreius »

edwin wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 15:59
VJH0 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 01:42 CLIPS ---

Would be cool to see 'stackable clips' if you have 2-4 clips that work really well one after the other when used on auto pilot, would be cool to be able to drop all the clips, into a single clip slot and have them auto piloting all after each other. Would add a whole new dynamic to the auto pilot feature!

I like this, we did some experiments with having multiple clips/tracks in a clip slot, but our use was having multiple clips playing in sync in one slot and having faders to fade tracks in and out.
But having them as big clips is also an interesting approach.
+1

enb92
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by enb92 »

VJH0 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 16:49 BEAT LOOPR ----

Envelopes for BeatLoopr ---- ******

Would be great to see Beat Loopr have it's own Envelopes!! When using Beat Loopr set to bounce it is currently some what jarring!! ----- Having envelopes would make BeatLoopr look 10x better and make it a lot more viable to use!!
It look's like what you describe the "BeatLooper" to be, is actually how the default settings for a videoclip is!
When the Transport section on a clip is set to Timeline, you can put in your preferred length of a clip under Duration. And you also have the possibility to bump it to halv or double speed (/2 and *2)

The Envelope function you want is probably also already in R7.
As you probably know is that you can envelope a lot of parameters in a Clip, Layer, Group or Composition.
And the function I think you are looking for is when you enable envelope, a parameter add it's own Timeline to it. But you can change this to follow the Clip Position, on the cogwheel where you enables the envelope. This makes the envelope to follow the bounce of your clip.

VJH0
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by VJH0 »

No not quite; as in the clip timeline itself needs its own envelope; I want the clip playhead to have an envelope more so than any effects or parameters -- otherwise I'd just be using the clip position to try and hide the fact that 'bounce' looks jarring --- cheers tho : )