Negative Speed or Exposed Time

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
corlian
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Negative Speed or Exposed Time

Post by corlian »

Hi -- forgive me if this is feature request is already addressed in the forum, I didn't find it. Forgive me if it's already a feature and I don't realize it.

I'm surprised that Resolume plays clips forward *or* backward, and doesn't make it easy to go back and forth fluidly.

Of course you can 'scratch' a clip forward and back (though not across the beginning and end clip boundaries) with the mouse, so Resolume can clearly handle the tech without a hiccup.

This could be solved if the clip Speed parameter allowed for negative values.

Alternately, a clip could have, similar to ISFs, a Time parameter that has values corresponding to the clip duration (which loops when the clip reaches its end).

To manipulate this requires clip Speed to be automated, which I already circumvent by wrapping videos in a Wire patch and automating the Speed parameter from Wire.

Any hope of achieving something like this? I frequently use ISFs in this way -- my most common example is having the ISF play slowly in reverse, and then using a kick drum to trigger a big jump forward in time. Very eager to do this with video clips too, inside Arena or Wire is fine, whatever works!

corlian

Re: Negative Speed or Exposed Time

Post by corlian »

Any thoughts on this feature? I've started using TouchDesigner (under Resolume) so I can accomplish some of this and I'd love to avoid jumping through the extra hoops. Thanks!

corlian

Re: Negative Speed or Exposed Time

Post by corlian »

This is one use case of the capability I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqvZEN ... nel=uisato

Is it at all possible we can include this in Resolume?