Some clips playing at double speed? Why?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Full Spectrum
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Some clips playing at double speed? Why?

Post by Full Spectrum »

Hi all,

Got a puzzle for you. I have an opera that's opening tonight. A few of our clips, seemingly at random, are playing back at double speed. For example, I've attached the project file and one of the clips that is behaving like this. It was converted from mp4 to DXV in Alley. It's 30fps, and should have a duration of 13.36667s. Resolume agrees. When I click on the handle to preview it, it previews just fine, but when I actually trigger it, it completes in 6.68 seconds. Baffling.

Attachments too big, use this:
https://www.dropbox.com/t/TBcCv0zoZ9L12XPA

The hardware running the show is a PC, Intel i9 chip and nvidia 3060ti, but I also loaded the show on my M1 Macbook Pro and can replicate the problem exactly.

Occurs with or without output enabled.

Solution we found is just making all clips that exhibit this behavior at .5 speed. Not a big deal. But still...

So... what's going on? Any ideas?

Thank you!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Some clips playing at double speed? Why?

Post by He2neg »

Some more Questions to hunt this down:

What is the playmode set to?

Is there anything different in the clips like do they have audio (also a silent one)

Are the "fast" clips all in the same layer and the others in a different? -> Check layer properties

I guess we soon will get it =)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Full Spectrum
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Some clips playing at double speed? Why?

Post by Full Spectrum »

Just replying to this to confirm that yes, I'm an idiot.

Either I or the operator must have used the scroll wheel flippantly which caused the speed slider for one of the layers to increase.

100% my bad.

However, if I could shirk responsibility, I would love to be able to disable the scroll wheel from altering playback settings. It's dangerous when handing off a show to an operator who really just pushes buttons per my instructions.

Thank you!