I just bought the latest 2018 MacBook Pro running MAC OS Mojave 10.14.2 and installed Resolume Arena 6.1.1. At first glance, Resolume appears to be running fine, as does Alley.
The laptop has the following specs:
• 15.4-inch Retina LED backlit display (2880x1800)
• 2.9GHz 6-core Intel Core i9 with 12MB shared L3 cache
• 32GB of 2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM
• 1TB PCIe-based SSD
• Radeon Pro Vega 20 with 4GB of HBM2 memory
• Intel UHD Graphics 630
Is anyone running Resolume with a similar setup? I would like to use this laptop on an upcoming production, but first want to know if anyone is aware of any performance or compatibility issues with Mojave. Some posts have described issues, but they appear to have been before the latest Mojave update.
I will be sending still images and video clips to a single projector, triggered from a theatrical lighting console (specifically an ETC Gio) via Art-Net.
The setup for the lighting console to MacBook Pro will be:
• Lighting console: Ethernet cable: Ethernet to Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) adapter: MacBook Pro
The setup for the MacBook Pro to the projector will be:
• MacBook Pro: Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter: Thunderbolt 2 cable: Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor: SDI cable: Projector
*** On another note, does anyone have any experience using a Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K PCIe card, or a DeckLink Duo 2 PCIe card mounted inside of an OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis connected to the MacBook Pro via a Thunderbolt 3 cable?
If anyone has experienced any problems with any of the above setups, or has had any issues running Arena 6 on Mojave, please let me know.