Two Capture cards

Bro, does your rig even lift?
kapil8589
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Two Capture cards

Post by kapil8589 »

Hi,
I have a system which has a quad decklink 4k hdmi card and a quad magewell sdi card. Resolume 7.10 works perfectly well, all 8 inputs working well.
I am building a second system now and was thinking of using two Blackmagic Decklink quad cards, one being the quad hdmi and the other a quad sdi, rather than one decklink and the other a Magewell like in the other system.
Will this work? Would all 8 inputs work or would there be an issue since both the cards are from the same manufacturer?

isprod.se
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Two Capture cards

Post by isprod.se »

I use 2x quad 2 from bmd in several machines.

as input there seem to be no difference.
as outputs the first card has about 100-120ms delay compared to gpu + second card additional 100-120ms (200-240 compared to gpu)

kapil8589

Post by kapil8589 »

Oh okay. Thank you for the information. That was helpful

kapil8589

Post by kapil8589 »

Just wanted to clarify, the first capture card would mean a Pcie slot 2, and the second one would be the third pcie slot, having put the graphic card on the first one. Is that correct? It is completely hardware based and there is no way it can be swapped based on the drivers, say you install driver for the throd slotted capture card before the second one, it wouldn't make a difference?