Video Glitching

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
agentogden
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video Glitching

Post by agentogden »

Resolume Arena 7
MacBook Pro

video path --

USB-C Dongle > HDMI > Roland V1-SDI Mixer > SDI out to fiber > Image Pro > video wall

signal converted from SDI to fiber and back to SDI

This configuration has worked for several years -- currently I am getting extreme glitching. usually when using the master opacity. Cabling, mixer, etc have all been eliminated as the issue.

it seems to happen with video with heavy black or heavy white. it seems like Resolume is the culprit but I can't figure out what it could be.

Thanks
AO

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Video Glitching

Post by cosmowe »

Hi agentogden,
your problem sounds kind of familiar to me. But on windows machines using nvidia grafics.

We accidentally raised the color bit-depth of our HDMI output which raised the needed bandwidth.
This was too much for our fiber converters....and the image starts to get glitchy.

You might test it by just lowering the bandwidth in general by reducing the resolution or the refresh-rate and see if this makes a difference in general.

Just a wild guess from my side.

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Video Glitching

Post by Zoltán »

Would also be interesting to check with a monitor connected to the mixer output.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu