What Ultra-short-throw projector do you use/recommend?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
ecamacaro
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

What Ultra-short-throw projector do you use/recommend?

Post by ecamacaro »

Hi,

I'm looking for an Ultra-short-throw projector for a concave curved surface, I'm not sure which one could work for my project. I appreciate any help. :D

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: What Ultra-short-throw projector do you use/recommend?

Post by deflost »

we bought 3 panasonic tx 430 a couple of years ago. they have with 3500 ansilumen enough power for dark club scenarios. we drive them with a matrox triplehead and have a very wide projecton area.
h.
westfernsehen, leipzig

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I bid some Christie projectors for an install last month for a similar setup. 10' from a curved surface with 3 projectors blending and 3d. projectors was about $20k each and the lens was about $13k each. Christie was doing the install (which was nice).

Full Spectrum
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Full Spectrum »

One thing about ultrawides, their internal lens geometry makes them REALLY hard to work with on anything but flat surfaces. It's absolutely possible, but you have to be very careful with the math ahead of time.

I can vouch for the Panasonic ultrawides (around .3 or .4 depending on the aspect ratio). Use the lens calculator provided on Panasonic's website, as the one on Projector Central isn't always accurate with some of the nuances of the lens (especially with ultrawide shifting).