Render to file but via output screen

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Render to file but via output screen

Post by 24601 »

Hey All,

Just come of a leg of projection installs, would be great if we could have a render to file but processed through the advanced output screens.

For example, projection map has been completed in arena but we need the content played back via a brightsign player. So we need to record the screen output that has the map via some kind of recorder which takes as long as the show + trimming to the start and end of the content.

Let me know if further explanation required

Thanks

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Render to file but via output screen

Post by Arvol »

Duplicate the screen (or don't) and send it out via Spout into OBS and then hit record.

Or

Create a group for all of your layers/groups and send that as the source to the Advanced Output, Then send that screen out as a Spout source and then create a new layer above the group you created and add in the Spout source and then hit record.

Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by 24601 »

That's exactly what we did but very tedious and annoying if content updates are necessary.

I wouldn't of thought it would take too much more to implement, just need to route through the advanced output.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Record and advanced output are 2 different sections of the application, it would be very tedious.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We are actually planning work on the recorder because quite a few request have been done for it.
I actually wondered wether allowing to render the screens would something that could be useful. Its actually not that hard at all.
We'll take your request into account @24601