Not the typical use case - switching output presets

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
cedricchase
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Not the typical use case - switching output presets

Post by cedricchase »

So I'm using Arena for what I would imagine isn't very common...

I am displaying various rooms with televisions in various positions and angles. The rooms are PNG's with transparent areas where the screens are. Underneath this room layer, I have 4 Slices displaying live feeds from 4x HDMI input cards - all aligned to their respective display in the room.

Right now when I want to switch between rooms, I have to switch the HDMI sources to invisible, select a different room image, open Advanced Output settings and change the preset to the corresponding room, then change my HDMI sources back to visible.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is there a better Resolume Guru way of doing this - potentially controllable from the WebUI?

I've attached an image of 3 'Rooms' with the pink areas representing the transparent spots where the slices would be visible underneath.
Example.jpg

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Not the typical use case - switching output presets

Post by Zoltán »

Groups and Group to slice routing could help with this.
https://resolume.com/support/en/slice-routing
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I have a few setups like this. As Zoltan said, Groups are your friend. I use groups with group to slice/screen routing and I haven't had any complaints as of yet.

cedricchase

Post by cedricchase »

I'm using Layer to Slice routing but I'm not clear on how to switch between the different necessary arrangements of the Slices efficiently, for example going from the 4x straight on Slices in Room A to the 5x angled/perspective slices in Room C. Thoughts?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Each screen has it's own output in my setup. I was also using a BMD 8 port SDI card in tandem with a RTX3080. Any screen that need's duplicating I was running through a SDI DA. Basically any 3G display was setup to SDI and anything that had 4K or larger I would use the 3080 and fiber to get it there (Then using either a FX4 to split or some of the TV's [LG] had a built in FX4 type feature for displays).

I'd just create a group for each room and then layers for each screen in that room.

cedricchase

Post by cedricchase »

Just to be clear, these 'rooms' are virtual, like literally I'm playing videos on the displays in the image, and I would like to quickly switch from the 'bar' image and displays, to the 'video wall' image...

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

ahhhh, I thought this was an install. To quickly go between mappings, You might check out Stage Flow.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

cedricchase wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 21:25 Just to be clear, these 'rooms' are virtual, like literally I'm playing videos on the displays in the image, and I would like to quickly switch from the 'bar' image and displays, to the 'video wall' image...
Hmm, yeah, StageFlow can give the perspective then for the slices, but you can get pretty close natively too
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2022-11-11 - 17.54.10.png
Képernyőfotó 2022-11-11 - 17.53.54.png
Képernyőfotó 2022-11-11 - 17.53.47.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

cedricchase

Post by cedricchase »

The solution I came up with is just to have a boat load of Slices in my Advanced Output config and a boat load of layers. Still unsure if there is a better way, the one thing I can think of that would massively simplify this is if Advanced Output config Presets could be switched on the fly.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

You can do that with Slice transform. Just map the bypass toggle for each slice transform (think of each instance of slice transform as a "look")