Extreme RTX 3060 Usage

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Buhkee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Extreme RTX 3060 Usage

Post by Buhkee »

Hello,

Can someone please help me solve this problem. Resolume 7.13.2 is using a consistent 87% of my RTX 3060 GPU when open. Even with no clip output, the card is consistent at that. It give me flickering on my preview monitor and I can crash Resolume by hovering over any taskbar icons (i.e. Internet or Sound settings.)

It is the "3D" tab of my RTX that shows all the usage.
Capture.PNG
The PC specs are:
Device name MSI
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11375H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID 21EAFF0F-3F74-4174-B01A-B755EC3050A2
Product ID 00325-96794-73951-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Thank you in advance.

OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Extreme RTX 3060 Usage

Post by OdyPody »

Very confusing that ur Iris GPU is at 60% as well....

i would check the GPU Routing as first step. and if i remember correct if you choose RTX 3060 as the GPU to select for all programs in the Nvidia Settings it doesnt mean its choosen always. you need to to do that as well somewhere in the Windows Settings. I dont remember exactly where but Google will help you with that problem.

Buhkee

Post by Buhkee »

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. It appears that the RTX 3060 is the chosen card for Resolume, as far as I can tell in the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings.

The high GPU usage only happens with a display connected to the HDMI port. (I've tested with several different displays). As soon as one is plugged in, the GPU spikes and the program/preview monitors start flickering.

If anyone else has ideas, please share them. I'll try anything.

Thank you!

Buhkee

Post by Buhkee »

In case anyone searches for this exact problem, here's the solution;

While I had gone into Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings and forced it to use the RTX 3060 for Resolume, it turns out that this particular laptop has it's HDMI output pinned directly to the onboard Intel GPU. However, by using a USB-C to HDMI dongle, I was able to make the USB-C output use the RTX 3060, and now usage hovers at ~30%.

So, make sure your HDMI port can be routed from your discrete GPU.

OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by OdyPody »

Buhkee wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 20:05 In case anyone searches for this exact problem, here's the solution;

While I had gone into Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings and forced it to use the RTX 3060 for Resolume, it turns out that this particular laptop has it's HDMI output pinned directly to the onboard Intel GPU. However, by using a USB-C to HDMI dongle, I was able to make the USB-C output use the RTX 3060, and now usage hovers at ~30%.

So, make sure your HDMI port can be routed from your discrete GPU.
Well i guess i was right there. :)

and im still saying even if u have the RTX3060 in the nvidia Settings selected it doenst mean its selected i told u to goolge that problem. so i think its still possible to use the hdmi.

but ofc good u confirmed what was the problem.

good luck further on!