Video Freezing & Not Responding Error

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
fetzav
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video Freezing & Not Responding Error

Post by fetzav »

Hello! Resolume has been temporarily locking up during my recent sets. I have been attempting to problem solve but have been unable.

During performances, and at home, in different sizes and scale of projects, Resolume will lock up (sometimes saying Not Responding at the top). Frame rate drops to single digit. Everything then speeds up to catch back up. These freezes happen unpredictably, and sometimes usually when I'm trying to launch new clips, or just when clips are playing.

Ram usage hovering around 45%. CPU usage around 5% & VRam 18% none of these parameters spike during the lag hiccup. It's frustrating and only started about three weeks ago out of the blue.
  • The project file is 1920x1080 x generally about 90fps I believe.
    It happens when I run 2 simple layers (1 clip on each layer), or when running 6 layers (multiple clips).
    I opened a basic simple new Resolume project with 3 layers and no effects and I was still experiencing the freezing.
    No NDI/spout inputs are being used. No feedback sources in use.
    I run my my content off an SSD Sandisc 2TB external.
    All content is in DXV3 format.

Computer & Resolume Specs:
  • Resolume version: Arena 7.7.0
    Laptop Lenovo Legion 5 Pro
    Operating System: Windows 10 v 22H2
    AMD Ryzen 7 6800H processor
    16gb ram
    NVidia 3070 Ti graphics card
    1TB SSD Internal drive - 682 of 953gb used
*Edit Update*
I checked my Windows update history. I noticed Windows installed two updates the day before my issues started. I wonder if it is a Windows system thing clashing with Resolume?
Two updates installed:

1.) 2023-02 Cumlative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Sstems (KB5022834)
2.) 2023-02 Cumlative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 (KB5022478)

*3.10.23 Update*
I did some testing last night. I played content off of my external 2TB SSD, and my 5TB HDD. The freezing happened while using both drives.

The freezing happened after ~4.5 minutes, then again after 7.5 minutes on the SSD external.
On the HDD the freezing occurred ~5.00 minutes.

I have two gigs Friday & Saturday night and I'm trying to solve this problem before then. It's been hassling me for a few weeks. Any help, suggestions or input are greatly appreciated.

I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling Resolume. Or maybe uninstalling Windows updates at this point.

Thank you very much for your help and time in solving this problem. I love this software and use it all the time.

Best,
Fetz A/V

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Video Freezing & Not Responding Error

Post by Zoltán »

Are the drives or the USB bus going to sleep?
Maybe the windows update changed the power management settings.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

synwrks

Post by synwrks »

Hi! I see this thread is about Windows, but the description and timing of the problem is similar to what i’ve been experiencing on my M1 Macbook pro. For me it started in February. I noticed that the problem seems to worsen over the course of the performance. It goes from mild (a freeze every 20-30 minutes) after 3 hrs of performance, to disruptive (a freeze every 10 minutes) after 4-5 hours.

Any help immensely appreciated!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

synwrks wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 03:46 Hi! I see this thread is about Windows, but the description and timing of the problem is similar to what i’ve been experiencing on my M1 Macbook pro.
Are you using mp4 files?
Convert them to DXV.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

synwrks

Post by synwrks »

I am already using DXV files everywhere, plus some pngs and jpgs for logos.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

What's the resolution of those images?

visions
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by visions »

I had the very same issue. Updated Resolume and nvidia drivers but no luck. The workaround I found is disabling vertical sync in nvidia panel. Since then the freeze moments didnt happen again. I have tearing, but if I limit the composition fps to the output refresh, it becomes less visible.
Asus TUF FX507zm. Intel i7-12700h. Nvidia RTX3060 6gb.