freeze when using play once in timeline

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pure_angles
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

freeze when using play once in timeline

Post by pure_angles »

when i set any clip to play once (as opposed to loop) and the timeline is shortened, resolume will freeze up after a while during playback. the more clips using play once, the sooner it freezes. i have made resolume consistently freeze when doing this (tested on 2 separate computers as well)

i have multiple layers running, triggered by midi from ableton (on a separate computer)

i can run it for as long as i want without troubles if i don't use play once or adjust any of the timeline parameters (play mode or loop length etc). seems to mainly happen with play once, especially with multiple layers that have been timeline adjusted.

i think i can get around it by just triggering a blank clip to stop the playing clips, and to make sure all clips are rendered with the correct start and end points instead of adjusting the timeline in resolume.

attached is the log file - there is nothing out of the ordinary as far as i can see.

anyone else had similar experiences?
Attachments
playonce freeze resolume log.zip
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 1565 times

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: freeze when using play once in timeline

Post by edwin »

With freeze i assume you mean crash or does the video come to a stop?
We will try to reproduce this problem and see what we can find.

pure_angles

Post by pure_angles »

yeah first the video output freezes (stops and stuck on a frame). resolume looks responsive (menus light up etc.) but then when you try and click on anything resolume will completely freeze . after this its a full CRASH... program not responding... end now.

pure_angles

Post by pure_angles »

any update on this issue?

has anyone else come across this problem?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We are now testing this to see if we can reproduce it. Do your clips have audio in Avenue? Or just video? Can you post a screenshot of the avenue interface so we can see how you have clips setup?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We found it and fixed it, will be available with version 3.0.2

glasshopper
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by glasshopper »

Hey Bart - I am really looking forward to 3.0.2 - any kind of release date in mind ... really testing the product hard at the moment for a live multi screen AV performance and will take the time to compile results into a comprehensive list. But I would rather take the time to play with 3.0.2 if it is close to release ... :D

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Well last month we thought it was close to a release but as always with software development, you never know what's around the corner, a wall or a pit :-(