Resolume Avenue 3 is coming!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
trilion99
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Resolume Avenue 3 is coming!

Post by trilion99 »

Hi,

what is gonna happen to the old resolume (version 2)? Just had another good gig with it and actually as much as I think that version 3 is gonna be great, I am just happy with version 2 as it is. The simplicity is just wonderful. Nevertheless there are some issues like speed and portability (mac version) that have always been its weak points. Is there any chance you gonna opensource the code? At least I would be greatly interested to rework it a little to fit my personal preferences.

Greets from Tokyo,
k

kosho

Post by kosho »

To followup my posting from August 7th:

You can also think of triggering and layering EFX as a separate mixing mode or style and I hope R3 adds some flexibility and features to what is available in R2.

One feature I have asked for in the past is the ability to add an EFX to ALL clips in a layer that would apply AFTER the EFX applied to an individual clip. That could easily be accomplished (at least in the interface) with R2 by making the global EFX "layer specific" - that is, have an EFX in one of the 3 global slots apply only to the corresponding layer (1, 2 or 3) before it is composited with other layers. Any EFX in the global slots that are not "layer specific" would still be global.

Mixing in images could be considered a special case of all the other mixing modes. Image display and pan/zoom in R2 is very jerky and usually requires pre-rendering in After Effects. Being able to smoothly scroll images in a given layer would be really nice. Also being able to handle transitions between a sequence of images with various dissolves or wipes would be great.

Thanks again!

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

One feature I have asked for in the past is the ability to add an EFX to ALL clips in a layer that would apply AFTER the EFX applied to an individual clip. That could easily be accomplished (at least in the interface) with R2 by making the global EFX "layer specific" - that is, have an EFX in one of the 3 global slots apply only to the corresponding layer (1, 2 or 3) before it is composited with other layers. Any EFX in the global slots that are not "layer specific" would still be global.
In version 3 you will be able to put FX on a clip, layer or global. When a FX is applied to a layer all clips played in that layer will have this effect applied after their own FX. So just how you want it ;-)
Mixing in images could be considered a special case of all the other mixing modes. Image display and pan/zoom in R2 is very jerky and usually requires pre-rendering in After Effects. Being able to smoothly scroll images in a given layer would be really nice. Also being able to handle transitions between a sequence of images with various dissolves or wipes would be great.
Each clip has properties like position, rotation and scale. So you can easily zoom and pan each clip without having to apply specific FX's. There is no functionality to use various dissolves and wipes when running a sequence of images though.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Hi!

Is there any support for DMX in R3?

Luminescent drive

Post by Luminescent drive »

well... I´ve read that R3 is going to be released in the end of september but my question was if there isnt any way how to get it before the 10th of september. What I mean is some beta version or something like this. Thank you

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

edwin wrote:Each clip has properties like position, rotation and scale. So you can easily zoom and pan each clip without having to apply specific FX's. There is no functionality to use various dissolves and wipes when running a sequence of images though.
I use an Alpha Trail (or Wave) effect to create a cross fade between images, usually as a global effect.

Will similar effects be available in R3?
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

craftycurate

Will R3 support Flash (SWF)?

Post by craftycurate »

The Features page of the Avenue site mentions MOV and AVI, but no mention of Flash.

Will Flash (FLA and SWF) still be supported?

craftycurate

Will R3 have 3D capability?

Post by craftycurate »

With the advanced keystone plugin and masks your screen does not have to be rectangular anymore. You can map the video onto any object or surface.
Does this include 3D surfaces e.g. 3DS meshes?

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

Bump ...

1) Flash support in R3?
2) 3D support in R3?

Thanks
R

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

1) Flash support in R3?
Yes Resolume 3 will support flash, we are working hard to add it to the 3.0 release but we are not sure if we,ll make it before the deadline by the end of september *fingers crossed* If we,ll not make it before the end of september we,ll add it in a free update (3.1) as soon as possible after the 3.0 release.
2) 3D support in R3? Does this include 3D surfaces e.g. 3DS meshes?
No not in the 3.0 release yet, but it's definitely on our todo.