Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by Joris »

manuelgazzo wrote: Does any of you guys know if in Resolume 4 there´s a feature that allows to make some color-correction by "zones" of the composition??
Mainly, to compensate diferent color from diferent projectors, so I can only "calibrate" using Resolume, and not going into each projector to change color configuration and balance. It´s so annoying.
In the Advanced Output options of Arena, you have brightness and contrast controls for each slice, as well as RGB sliders.
damstraversaz wrote:and would like to know if it will possible tu update later form resolume avenue 4 to resolume arena.
Yup, this is possible, and will cost €400,-

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

first of all thanks for the nice new avenue! although i'm missing a few features it's still a fine piece of software and i will make some test before deciding wheter to buy it or not.

first of all i thought the autopilot is a great new thing, however it would be very nice to have an option to use it as a step sequencer, so define in which speed (bpm) the clips change - this is a great tool for sequences of clips, maybe you like to add a feature like this.

like mentioned in another thread different coloumn colours, or at least some bars to put in between groups of coloums would be a great help for intuitive mixing!

now i'll play around with the beta and if i have some other suggestions they will find their way into this forum!

edit: just tried the maximize-button, this 3 steps are a great solution, but when stretching to composition size regarding aspect ratio i think it would be fine to have the possibility to scale it to a size which fills the full screen with the problem that some part may be cut away. when i now pushed the button on a 1050x576 vid in a 800x600 comp i got it scaled to 800x438.36, for my use it would be better to get it scaled to height 600 and width 1093.75
just suggestions, maybe you find them useful..!

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

i normally do:
resizing over layer options.. so all clips in this layer are sized this way. (In r3 the clip settings got overrided by that, don't know if there's an extra option in r4, don't have it right here now!)

so if it fits i normally drop my widescreen clips in an extra layer.

if i want to use the clip in an layer with 4:3 settings, u can use the fParameter Effect as a workaround and simply stretch it to 16:9 ;)

hope this helps!

there is also a max patch to resize the clips in layers (it came out before the layer resize function in r3, it was not built in in 3.0). Maybe this also fits your needs, but also i don't know if the osc adressing is still the same in r4 so that the patch runs correctly.
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

vjkatza
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vjkatza »

If I buy resolume now, is it possible to deactivate it and then migrate into a new computer when i'll decide to buy a new one?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

@VjKatza
Yes, this is possible. You can use the de-register option found in the registration tab of the preferences. Make sure you are connected to the internet when you do. Also you can always contact us directly when you have problems with registering.

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

just another thing i recognised so far in the beta - when i imported compositions and presets from res.3 my midi-mapping didn't work anymore in res.3, so i had to do the whole application mapping new, the composition mapping worked as before.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Composition midi maps are imported when you import compositions from R3, since they are saved with the composition. But because it's a new application, the application midi map will be blank. However, you should be able to load the old map via the midi tab of the prefs.

damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

do you have any idea for the final release date ? before november, december 2011 or 2012 ?
I'm actually begin a new project and it will be great to use the new features of resolume 4.
digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/#!art-numerique/c1s43
music for dance, documentary and digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Joris wrote:
We will give quick deciders a chance to purchase with the pre-sale discount once we release 4.0.0 around the end of October. We really want to keep this beta limited to users with experience on Res 3, so we can get clear feedback on what are bugs or what is expected behaviour.
Joris

greets
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

oups I miss this one.. :roll:
thanks a lot for the answer !

damien
digital arts: