C4d+Quartz+Resolume?

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
marshall
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

C4d+Quartz+Resolume?

Post by marshall »

I want to bring my C4d animations into Resolume and have them be fully reactive, stepping away from timelines. I believe that quartz could do the live rendering like a gaming engine but I'm not certain.
Can someone please guide me in what i will need patches etc, and how to do this. I'm using Mountain lion OSX and latest Quartz. Thanks for all your awesomeness ;)

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: C4d+Quartz+Resolume?

Post by cvanhoose »

you can export a model from C4d as a .dae file.
Quartz composer can read this file and render it with the Mesh renderer. It is not an animated file, but you could publish parameters to Resolume and then link to your audio.
I was able to do this with a live character model from C4d and then linked to a kinect for full skeletal control.
good luck!
cvanhoose
so the answer is Yes! it can be done!

marshall
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by marshall »

If I build a animated scene and export it as a dae file. Is there a way publish parameters that I can sync up? I tried exporting one and all I got was a 2d object.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

ahh ok... there are tutorials for quartz composer if you are fresh, but here is a quick model I made and a couple of screenshots along with a video to show you how I did it.
Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 10.30.12 AM.png
You will need to add an input splitter and change its type to NUMBER and set a max value of 360, This will give you a full 360 rotation, do this to all parameters you would like to publish.
Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 10.29.35 AM.png
Since my Quartz composition is in a lighting effect, you need to go to the Parent directory and publish the inputs you want Resolume to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXMfJpKq ... e=youtu.be

Once in Resolume, you will see the parameters and can then link to BPM, Audio input, etc. or just control them manually with midi;)
GOOD LUCK!