ofxFFGLPlugin

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
astellato
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

ofxFFGLPlugin

Post by astellato »

Anyone got this working on a mac with Snow Leopard and XCode 3.2?
Considering in the instructions you talk about adding dll's, is this add-on only Windows compatible?
Packages compile fine, but Resolume doesn't recognize the output.
Would love to get this working . . . .

drand48
Team Resolume

Re: ofxFFGLPlugin

Post by drand48 »

The addon should work fine on mac,
You have to compile the plugin with XCode and then copy the generated .bundle file from the 'bin' folder to the
the 'Resolume/plugins/vfx' folder.
hope this works!

astellato
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by astellato »

I think I'm following the directions properly.

Run the example, build with just depreciated char* warnings, but the resulting file I get looks like this:

Resolume won't recognize it when it's placed in Resolume/plugins/vfx. It's not even the correct icon for bundles.

Any ideas?

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

Look out for warnings in the status bar of xcode. I had to switch a "link"–option (dont remember the correct desciption and am on PC at the moment) in the "project's options" from xcode 2.x to 4.2 to get it running.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

drand48
Team Resolume

Post by drand48 »

It seems that it compiled fine since you got a bundle file in the bin folder, but it is indeed strange that the icon is wrong!
Are you able to see the package contents by right clicking it?

If you post the example project you are using here on the forum I will have a look at it.

Here I am using Snow Leopard as well, XCode 3.2.2 and OpenFrameworks pre release v0.061 and everything works fine.

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

compiles for me ok in xcode (dunno what version i have - recentish snow leopard, i'm on my pc currently)
plugins work in resolume (but i've issues with my osc plugin causing the latest resolume release to crash when it loads the bundle - it worked fine before the update)

the windows project compiles but the dll isn't recognised by resolume.

it could really do with a little more work, by definition most people interested in using OF are not experienced programmers and so need the setup to be as simple as possible with full step by step instructions (maybe a screencast) showing how to load up the example projects and compile a working sample effect.

drand48
Team Resolume

Post by drand48 »

Hi, I just posted a new version of the addon on google code, you can download it from here
http://code.google.com/p/ofxffglplugin/ ... 1285143485

or by checking out the latest version from SVN here
https://ofxffglplugin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

The problem was that debug builds of the plugins created a bundle or dll with 'Debug' in the name.
For internal reasons Resolume doesn't load plugins which have debug in the name in official ( Release ) builds.
I did not notice this since I usually work with a debug build of resolume sorry!

Also now std::string parameters are supported, that means that you can declare a string in your class as

Code: Select all

string myString
and set it as a parameter to the plugin like this

Code: Select all

myString="some text";
addStringParameter("My String",&myString);
Hope everything works now!
cheers
Daniel