news from the avit retreat

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
bryandod
Is taking Resolume on a second date

news from the avit retreat

Post by bryandod »

I just returned from (unofficially) representing resolume at the Avit retreat in Colorado. There were about a dozen vj teams in attendance, and 2 of use use resolume. (Us and vj Pablo from Tokyo) We all spent plenty of time showing off and talking up our favorite vj apps. The number one complaint I heard about vj software in general is the lack of time the developers put into fixing bugs. I was proud to say that Edwin and Bart have been kicking ass on resolume since I started using it 2 years ago. Good work guys, Your program rocks. Spending a week playing with other apps made me absolutely possitive that Resolume is the program for me.

Bryan
Integratedvisions.net

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

In the last time i saw a growing number of -let me call them- technical tools based on maxMSP/PD. Did you see some new ones of those? How did they do compared to Resolume?

I think, those tools are still technical gadgets with a too time-intensive process of creation to be usefull for artists (following this thought you can devide the vj-community into technicians and artists). But we will have to see what the future brings ...

Maybe its a good idea for Bart and Edwin to build in some interface to the world of maxMSP/PD.

[Edited on 27-6-2005 by mfo]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well for the AVit Retreat, VJ Killing Frenzy made a custom hex patch with Max/Jitter, and it worked quite well for the hexagon cluster screens we used in the retreat dome..:)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

glad to hear you prefer resolume over other vj software! indeed a lot of vj software is not maintained enough, this is because the vj market is so small it,s hard for a new developer to enter and make enough money to pay the rent. But because we have been doing it for so long we are lucky enough to just make enough to work on it fulltime (with a little bit of help by going other small projects and building websites ;-)