Page 1 of 2

Delay for slices

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 22:46
by Electroguepard
In the same way that we can add a delay, small one, for diferent displays, would be amazing to add delays (seconds), to the slices.

Means that if you have a mapping with different slices with different delays you would be able to create animations easily with a single loop video.

If you map a robot face for example, video would start on the eyes, later on lips, later on eyebrows... Would be easy to bring dinamism to the mapping.

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 08:14
by Joris

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:17
by Kadete
It looks so fluid!
I tryed to test something like this before a event using a layer with delay RGB effect over 10 slices but it breaks my fps to 10fps, 2seg before stabilizing.

This new delay param it will be in the next release?

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24
by Joris
We're working on a lot of options for slices. We have the basic 80% working. Now we need to break our balls over the remaining 20%. The agonizing 20% where you need to turn the test setup into a usable feature with understandable parameters that let you do the things you want in an easy way.

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 20:36
by Electroguepard
Yes exactly!!! :lol:

If you are doing that implementations I guess that wil be possible also to group layers inside bins?

Thaaaaaanks!!!

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 13:42
by mungle
Hello! News about that?
I'm looking for a delay options for slides... I have an NDI output and I have to synchronise it with the main arena output so I need a small delay for the direct output of my arena computer.
Thank you!

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 15:27
by Zoltán
mungle wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 13:42
Hello! News about that?
I'm looking for a delay options for slides... I have an NDI output and I have to synchronise it with the main arena output so I need a small delay for the direct output of my arena computer.
Thank you!
https://resolume.com/support/en/screens#adjusting-delay

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 16:06
by mungle
Hello!
Thank you for your quick answer. There is no option for NDI Output...

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 16:11
by Zoltán
mungle wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 16:06
Hello!
Thank you for your quick answer. There is no option for NDI Output...
Which Resolume version are you using?

Do you need NDI or do you need Output delay?

Re: Delay for slices

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 16:16
by mungle
Hello! I have the last version.
In "Advanced Output" I create a screen with NDI as Device (instead a normal screen/videoprojector). This NDI output must be delayed. If I plug a normal screen I'm able to see the "delay" option, with Virtual Output/NDI/Syphon-Spout I'm not.