Resolume 7 concept

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
dsquareddan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume 7 concept

Post by dsquareddan »

Hey I just mocked this up quick tonight with some features I'd like to see implemented. Let me know what you think!

1. Trigger Random Clip in Layer or Random Column

2. Autopilot Loop/Duration

3. Master Envelope A/B and Master Step Sequencer A/B, assignable to any slider or button

4. FX Chain Groups with Presets, Opacity & Bypass

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Resolume 7 concept

Post by Grimm90 »

Awesome i love it

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I still hate you covered up timecode and basically ruined the UI philosophy.

What I did explain on Facebook is that your UI shows a gross misunderstanding on the philosophy of resolume. Every piece of mature software has a plan, tacking bullshit on where ever you find space turns resolume into vdmx, which I assume is your background. I believe in Canada I showed you my touch designer sequencer so I can get the need for it. Since I ended up making my own, your features def have merit.

Your ideas are good, but your UI solutions make me immediately hate it.

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

Isn't this a matter of personal opinion ?

I get what your saying of the plan & philosophy of software design, but i feel you're shooting off mainly cause it's in the timecode spot.
A big part of resolume users never used or never will use timecode , so they don't even know it comes in that spot , it's just a blank piece of UI then..

Im really glad there are a lot of panels you can turn on & off according to your needs (i don't use layer monitors for example) , or move them around.
I hope that if there are new features coming in, we users get options if & where to place them according to our needs.

It's like my workbench. The table got most important tools always close but sometimes i get something fancy i don't need often, which goes into the shelve but on certain jobs , it's on the workbench all day in my sight.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Cool! Thanks for sharing your ideas and GUI mockups!

All of these are great ideas. They've all been mentioned before and are on our bucket list in one form or another. Great to see what's topping your personal list!