make rotation with matrox dualhead

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
joffo
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

make rotation with matrox dualhead

Post by joffo »

hi

i noticed when i use a matrox dual head if i use rotation tool i havn't the good transformation because the center of the rotation is'nt the center of my picture. the rotation is calculated with the center of all the display (that it's logical). what i'd like is to have the same plug than ir dual head keystone but for the rotations. in this way if i use 2048/768 as resolution the axis of my rotation will not be the center of my display but the 2 center of my 2 display. in fact i need 2 axis of rotation.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: make rotation with matrox dualhead

Post by Joris »

Hey Joffo

A rotation can only ever have one anchor point (if you're thinking in 3D it can have three axes, but only ever through one anchor point). But I think your problem could be solved by having a separate transformation effect, with a definable anchor point setting?

Joris

joffo
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by joffo »

yes for example you did it. does it exist ?
because for now i can't use rotation. i use 2 projectors in the same time with a dual head matrox not to do the same image.So the left part of my screen is dedicated for the first one and the right part for the second. so i have 2 middle of a screen. the middle of my preview is the border right of my 1st projector and the left border of the other.

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

maybe try the iterate effect for positioning and rotating..
set iterations to 2 or 3 or so....
and play with the parameters... also set the clip to composition size and try to crop it with the iterate effect or maybe another effect like keystone, you can place the positioned iterate effect on layers or clips which is sadly processed at the same time... arranging the effects before the iterate let the effect work before iterate positioning... hope this helps
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

I do that all the time with the triple head 2 go.
If you are not using masks,
you can just use a layer per screen section, and rotate it.
Layer 1, right projector
Layer 2, left projector

The only drawback is that you need to redefine your IR keystone properties.