Column Highlight

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Lupavision
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Column Highlight

Post by Lupavision »

Why doesn't Resolume 4 highlight selected columns? This was a feature of Resolume 3 - if a column was selected, the column name at the top would be bright yellow.
I use Resolume synced with a musician sending Ableton Live MIDI signals - usually triggering assigned columns. It is useful for me to know what column has been triggered at a glance, rather than having to work it out based on what's playing.
Can this highlight feature be re-instated? I can't see what the advantage would be of not having it there, and I am guessing this was a programming oversight?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Column Highlight

Post by Joris »

Actually it turned out this was confusing to a lot of people. After a column was triggered, you were able to click on individual clips. This way the column was lit, but the clips playing were from different columns, giving conflicting info to the user.

With the current behaviour it's still pretty easy to see what column has been triggered last, since all the clips in that column will be playing.

Lupavision
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Column Highlight

Post by Lupavision »

OK, thanks for clarifying that. No ideal for my particular set-up, but I can see the logic.