Universal / Global Search

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
kai
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Universal / Global Search

Post by kai »

Currently:
Search is only available by clicking on Files, Compositions, Effects, or Sources. Each of these areas are also isolated searches. Many times it is the case where I am searching sources for an effect and when i realize I click on effect tab only to have to type the search AGAIN in that search field. Also, remembering past searches by keeping the search term populated in the search fields should be an option at the very least. As it stands new searches require to first always clear out the old search term. Additionally, there is no way of searching where effects are currently being used or how many are currently being used within clips.

Workaround:
You can create individual panels for effects, sources, etc and each has their own search bar visible. This is done by dragging the tab of each to a new location within resolume or via the popout feature for panels.

Feature Request:
Global Search
  • Have a global search bar where you type the search term and THEN be able to select the tab where you want to see the results of the search. Also include an optional ALL RESULTS tab perhaps.
    This global search should also include a tab for inclusions/clips (example: searching for an effect should have a tab that shows where that effect is currently being used
  • Clip search
  • Default tab to search should be able to be set in the options. (example: Effects tab, Sources tab, etc)
    Tabs should be able to be assigned keyboard shortcut mappings
  • Option for when clicking in search text field to automatically clear out previously search term (example setting: "clicking in search field starts new search")