Fixture Definition for complex pixel bar (feat. lime & uv LEDs)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
frankfunk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Fixture Definition for complex pixel bar (feat. lime & uv LEDs)

Post by frankfunk »

Hey guys,
I'm trying to create a fixture definition for the ADC UBL12H pixel bar. The problem I'm running into is that the bar not only uses RGB and Amber LEDs (which can be addressed by Resolume), but also Lime and UV. I don't neccessarily need to use them, but in all available DMX-modes the channel order is as follows:

Pixel 1 Red
Pixel 1 Green
Pixel 1 Blue
Pixel 1 Amber
Pixel 1 Lime
Pixel 1 UV
Pixel 2 Red
Pixel 2 Green

My understanding is that I can only add custom parameters before or after the pixel channels, but not inbetween. So it seems that it's not possible to create a fixture for this device, because I can't add two custom channels between each pixel. Am I right or am I missing something?

I could of course create a fixture for each individual pixel, but with 34 lights x 6 pixels each this would be a very tedious process.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Fixture Definition for complex pixel bar (feat. lime & uv LEDs)

Post by Zoltán »

Indeed, custom channels only go after or before a pixel block.

Duplicating fixtures is easy and fast, place the first one where you want to start the fixture in the input selection, then do an Alt+drag duplicate to the next pixel position, then hit Command(control on windows)+D do create the next duplicates with the same offset.
Works also on multi selection.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu