Wire Tutorial - Stats Panel

Post your awesome Wire patches here, share tutorials
MarkyMark
Team Resolume

Wire Tutorial - Stats Panel

Post by MarkyMark »

Wire 7.20 introduced the stats panel, a powerful new tool to debug your patches. I made this tutorial to teach you all about it and to demystify the Load%

phpBB [video]

Sjan Top
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Wire Tutorial - Stats Panel

Post by Sjan Top »

Nice one, great way to trouble shoot bad performance!
Love the feature included in 7.20, just a few day's ago i was playing around in wire, trying to sample the brightness of the texture in. And today its possible :)

My new feature request is a image_in node, like the resolume native Mask and UV effects.
I made a few plug-ins that use grey images for 2.5D parallax shift, but i need to open wire to change the image. When this node is available i want to make a advanced version of the Mask effect
#tweelicht_visuals

MarkyMark
Team Resolume

Post by MarkyMark »

We are working on a more dynamic resource system that allows you to load in images/video's dynamically.

As for masking and UV work: we've got a UV-Offset and Mask node in Wire.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying working with Wire.

Sjan Top
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Sjan Top »

i'm very exited for that, my work flow is very image(mask/grey) based. Having the option of changing a image_note file link in Resolume would make it more intuitive.

my 2.5D effect
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3NpkNhqZ9s/

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by cat »

I'd like to be able to pipe in another texture to an effect from resolume, a layer router input effectively. You could have mask animations running in a separate group or layer, and use them mask a layer dynamically.
But stats is definitely useful, I can see that video mixer is less performant than an isf, and indeed doing a few image operations in nodes, can be done more effeciently inside an isf too.