More debug options

Post your awesome Wire patches here, share tutorials
magneson
Is taking Resolume on a second date

More debug options

Post by magneson »

Hello!

I almost ripped my hair out trying to figure out why a multiply node wouldn't be converted to a string, or connected to a print node before noticing it was a float2 - and the print node only accepting events.

I would strongly ask you to consider auto-concatenating float2/3/4 nodes if connected to a string node, as the procedure of unpacking -> string (x 2-4) -> concatenate (x amount of values) ->text render is really, really tedious when trying to debug. Especially so when you have multiple values you have to check the relation between, and have to debug in Resolume to get everything to work in context.

Having the option to connect signals and attributes to the print node would also be beneficial, both an attribute and signal stream can contain errors.

Would be great if it was possible to get som debug love for the next release!

Sjan Top

Re: More debug options

Post by Sjan Top »

Yes, like that to.
A spy/result note or something would be really nice.

I would really like a millisecond per note view, so i can see performance hits, but i understand that that is expensive to compute.
#tweelicht_visuals

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

float 4 ->onchange ->print

or hover mouse over the outlet will show you the values.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

magneson

Post by magneson »

Thank you Zoltán,

Could it be made so that the onchange auto-adds inbetween if you try to connect a signal to an event port? Or that a message pops up and says incompatible port type or something like that (like "the wire will disconnect" message)?

The hover ports are great, but they close when you move the mouse outside the popover area which makes it a bit hard to utilize when having to check multiple ports against each other. Could it be made so that the hover display stays open if expanded, with a close button on the orange part / type indicator?

tijnisfijn
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by tijnisfijn »

+1 from my.... That would make life much easier. And maybe have a way to copy the output so you can paste it somewhere to inspect (this would be really handy for long lists)