Things to look out for with audio and .WAV files in Resolume Avenue and Arena?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Lumenarius
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Things to look out for with audio and .WAV files in Resolume Avenue and Arena?

Post by Lumenarius »

Troubleshooting a slight issue with one of our installations where the audio keeps dropping a frame here and there.

Figured I would seek some clarification on our workflow just in case the dropped frames were in the file or playback and not the cables, etc.

1) Is .wav the best audio file to use or is there a better file type?

2) Does rendering the audio into the video file, a .DXV, provide better playback?

3) Are there any known issues when ending audio out to an external audio interface? For instance do bit rates sometimes get weird between devices or is it all pretty much dialed by this point?

I've combed over the audio file itself, 105 minutes long, and there do not appear to be any glitches or issues.

Our next move is to replace all the cables.

Just wanted to check for I could easily be missing something! Thank you!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Things to look out for with audio and .WAV files in Resolume Avenue and Arena?

Post by Zoltán »

Are you using the latest Resolume?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Lumenarius
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Things to look out for with audio and .WAV files in Resolume Avenue and Arena?

Post by Lumenarius »

Thank you for the reply.

We are using the latest version.

After diving deep into the issue with the on site team it has vanished and is no longer present.

I do believe this was an issue with loose cables though I did want to be sure we were using the most efficient workflow.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

You might want to check the buffer size in the audio preferences. If your computer is struggling or audio playback is choppy you can try increasing it.