Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by bart »

vjkatza wrote:Will DATAPATH capture cards be supported?
No but we will have native support for all Blackmagic capture cards which are very nice!
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/

listenpreis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by listenpreis »

What about bouncing in FFT to timeline for FX? I really dislike the jumps (when the effect jumps from 100 to 0 ... looks awful and makes the effect useless for FFT at least in that mode).

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

At this moment, it is impossible for us to add any features to R4. It is simply too late in the process to start implementing changes or new features.

So how's about we all take a deep breath, hold it till the 19th and see what the new version already has to offer? After that we'll be more than happy to start discussing old favourites like deck switching speed and fft in the timeline again.

If you really, really need to know if your specific request made the cut for R4, you can always contact us directly.

Joris

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

:roll:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by fruitygreen »

Cosmowe

For me its hold your breath, and wish for R4.

I have not yet tasted R4. Only a smell of it.

For all I know , could be a prank.
:mrgreen:

olivepixel

Post by olivepixel »

Quick (and probably fairly redundant) question! You say that all Blackmagic cards are supported; does this mean that I could get an Intensity Shuttle (the little USB 3.0 box they do) and use it to feed a camera (or any HDMI source) into Resolume? Would there be limitations on resolution or would that depend entirely on the computer?

Looking forward to the new release!

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

olivepixel wrote:Quick (and probably fairly redundant) question! You say that all Blackmagic cards are supported; does this mean that I could get an Intensity Shuttle (the little USB 3.0 box they do) and use it to feed a camera (or any HDMI source) into Resolume?
Intensity Shuttle as well as Intensity Pro Cards were already operational in Resolume 3 , but with some quirks.
Resolume 4 will have the drivers integrated in the installation and therefore resolve some issues ( Only speculating because I am still awaiting the details)
olivepixel wrote: Would there be limitations on resolution or would that depend entirely on the computer
Intensity Shuttle/Pro captures the same kind of video sources( HDMI, HD/SD component, composite, s-video) Any resolution within that range is usable.

As you know Intensity Shuttle requires USB 3 , in which is becoming the standard port in new computers.

olivepixel

Post by olivepixel »

fruitygreen wrote:
olivepixel wrote:Quick (and probably fairly redundant) question! You say that all Blackmagic cards are supported; does this mean that I could get an Intensity Shuttle (the little USB 3.0 box they do) and use it to feed a camera (or any HDMI source) into Resolume?
Intensity Shuttle as well as Intensity Pro Cards were already operational in Resolume 3 , but with some quirks.
Resolume 4 will have the drivers integrated in the installation and therefore resolve some issues ( Only speculating because I am still awaiting the details)
olivepixel wrote: Would there be limitations on resolution or would that depend entirely on the computer
Intensity Shuttle/Pro captures the same kind of video sources( HDMI, HD/SD component, composite, s-video) Any resolution within that range is usable.

As you know Intensity Shuttle requires USB 3 , in which is becoming the standard port in new computers.
Thanks for the info! Presumably then, you are using the Blackmagic cards at the moment with Resolume; what are the quirks that you have found? I have USB 3 on a laptop, so the Shuttle looks like a really good option - at the moment I'd only need to capture CCTV cameras, and have had little luck with various cheap USB stick devices and Windows 7. Would you reccoment Blackmagic for stable capture?

Edit: just had a quick search, and it seems a fair few people are using the Blackmagic cards - sorry to clutter this thread.

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

olivepixel wrote:
Edit: just had a quick search, and it seems a fair few people are using the Blackmagic cards - sorry to clutter this thread.
You can start another thread in hardware.

Anyways I do recommend Black Magic Intesity Shuttles/ Pro's.

Got the Matrox PCI-E setup for laptop and it works but with its own issues.

Tried other USB stuff but nothing compares to BMD.

Many of the quirks discovered may not be relevant to your system and/or Res3 but here are some with my system.

Mac: capture sources change order with every reboot, sources max out at 4 ( flicker issues), source selection cumbersome.

Windows: sources max out at 6(flickers sometimes up to eight ), source selection better than mac but has room for improvements.

My system: i7 2600k (CPU), 24+GigRam, 8 PCI- E slots, 6 Intensity Pro Cards (PCI-E), 2 Intensity Shuttle (USB3), GTX 590( Multi-Gpu), SSD Drives.

My system has plenty beef, but with Res4 I may have to reconfigure to make it stable enough to get up to 10 Intensity Capture.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

We build native support for the BlackMagic cards into our application using their SDK.

Some benefits:
- Low latency
- No need to use the control panel anymore to setup your input connections you can do that all nicely within Avenue/Arena.
- Better support and easier to track down problems
- Easier for us to advise to clients what card to use, we should buy some BlackMagic shares ;-)

It's tested with so far with the 'Intensity Pro', 'Intensity Shuttle' and 'DeckLink Duo' cards.
This feature has been proved and tested by a few of our customers for almost over a year already and it's proven to work very well. The resolution of capture is limited only by the capture cards and hardware of your machine.