Very low resolution

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
L4UR3NT
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Very low resolution

Post by L4UR3NT »

Hi there,

First of all : Thx a lot to each of you for your help on this forum....

Here is my question :

I'm using a wall led with a very small resolution :
128x48 ( 8 x 3 panels Purelite with 37.5mm pitch ) .
I entered this resolution in my composition parameters...Forced each clip to enter in this resolution...
Entered those values in the layers parameters....
But all of my clips are still really too big.....on my wall....but not on the small sreen ( above the preview screen ) on the computer's display...In this screen, all clips fits perfectly...
What did I do wrong ? What did I forget to configure ?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Very low resolution

Post by Joris »

Most LED walls will take their input resolution from the top left of a 'normal' VGA or DVI signal (you will see that your secondary output is still 1024x768 or something similar).

Just use the windowed mode and place your window in the top left.

L4UR3NT

Post by L4UR3NT »

Thanx a lot goto10...I'll try this method on Friday...
Are you sure the "blue windows square" will not be visible ?

Any other idea or solution from anybody else ?

Thx U all

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The other way to make this work is to set your composition size to your output size, and then to place all your content in the top left corner, scaled to 128x48.

But it's so much easier to just use the windowed output. If you want a black background, just set your desktop background to black.

Mulky
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Mulky »

The second method is the more accurate way to do it for sure.

Set your comp size and output to the res of the LED processor (usually 1024x768).

Arena: If your content isn't made at that size, you could jam at comp size and take a big centre slice in advanced output and scale it to the LED res and position. That way you can see what you're doing in your GUI.

Avenue (I think): Scale/position your layers to fit. This is annoying if you have some content at LED res and some at HD... but then you can just have specific layers for each size of content.
anachphronism/neologasm.

L4UR3NT

Post by L4UR3NT »

Hi goto10,
I tried your method yesterday...It works but the problem is that I cannot place the windows as high as it needs and there are 4 empty led lines on the top of the screen....because of the gframe of the windows....I changed colors to black....( I tried to move the windows as high as possible with mouse or with my keyboard "Alt + Space + L", then arrows but the result is still the same... )
4 lines...Not much.....But there are are just 48 lines in height.....almost 10% of my sreen's empty :-(
Do you have another idea ?
Mulky : Thx a lot for your help
Could U explain, in details, your method ?
( I have to change the comp res to 1024x768 and then change scale/pos in layers properties, right ? )
I'm trying it tonight....

Thx again to each of you

L4UR3NT

Post by L4UR3NT »

Hello,

I tried other method.
I changed comp res to 800x600 ( Output res from my video controller ) and resized/moved layers
Dont't know why but, if I use a 128x48 res, clips are still too small....I used 182x52 !!!!!????? to almost completely fill the screen...That's weird, no ? But there's still an empty line at the top ( even if I move clips higher.... ) ....
Finally it ( almost ) works.....Thx again for your help
If you have an idea to explain this strange res. and this empty line...
Merry Xmas

Joris

Post by Joris »

You should probably check with the venue's tech what resolution the LED processor is running at. It sounds like it's not running at 800x600 natively.