Global Scrubbing and Timeline Help

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gooseh3o
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Global Scrubbing and Timeline Help

Post by gooseh3o »

Hello. Is there a way to globally scrub in forward and reverse the entire composition in Resolume? I'm trying to make a projection mapped performance that is synced up with a couple of different songs. I'm using multiple slices and videos. My problem is that when I'm editing, I cannot just scrub to a specific part of the composition to make adjustments. If I use global reverse, it doesn't rewind to the previous clip but just goes to the next clip in the layer and then plays that in reverse.

Example:

5 minutes into the composition I want to select a slice and shorten its duration. How can I immediately go to this point in the composition and play the entire composition to see my changes without having to just start the entire composition from the beginning and wait 5 minutes?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Global Scrubbing and Timeline Help

Post by Zoltán »

how is your composition set up? (clips-automation-etc)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Global Scrubbing and Timeline Help

Post by Oaktown »

As far as I know, there is no global scrubbing but here a quick work around if you are trying to visualize what your clips will look like at a given point on the timeline:
  • - with all the active clips playing set your comp to pause mode
    - in preview mode make the necessary adjustments in the clips you need to change
    - in all the active clips that are part of your visual, click on the playhead, click on the time and manually change the time to where you want to be. The format is HH:MM:SS:MS but you can skip zeros so for instance in your example 5 minutes would be 5:: (and 2 seconds would be 2:) so you can copy 5:: and paste that into each playhead timebox. Event though this seems tedious, it's very quick!
    - set you comp to play
Note that the clips need to be active for this to work otherwise it'll start the clip(s) at the beginning unless you've set them to play from where they last stopped.