Keynote using Resolume Arena 4?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Amihro
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Keynote using Resolume Arena 4?

Post by Amihro »

Hi everyone,

So basically we're going to do a 3D mapping show and a keynote conference on a 18*5 meters surface.

Is there a way to include a keynote program that works using a remote control into resolume Arena 4? like Powerpoint Office using Arena output or so? :oops:

I used to make the slides in After effects, and open Powerpoint showing only numbers and then I have to switch between play and pause everytime the lecturer click the remote, but it's pretty confusing and you can get a couple of misses :lol: .. It's not the best thing to do, but it gets the job done

Anyway if there's anyway to do it easier I would be so pleased to hear from you, this event is very important for us

Thank you :)

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Keynote using Resolume Arena 4?

Post by He2neg »

There are a 2 main ways in my mind.

Do you need to "map" the presentation or is the presetation "normal" viewed

Case without mapping :
Switcher / Scaler beetween 2 laptops ( resolume & ppt)

Case with mapping :
2cnd Laptop & Capture Card

If your client dont have the budget for these things. Talk to him about priority and the cost of technical support =)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Amihro

Post by Amihro »

He2neg wrote:There are a 2 main ways in my mind.

Case with mapping :
2cnd Laptop & Capture Card

If your client dont have the budget for these things. Talk to him about priority and the cost of technical support =)
Hi, the keynote should be mapped, can you please give me more details or a simple explanation for the capture card? how does it actually works? knowing that I will be projecting using x2 GTX Titan black on SLI.

chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by chenthemagician »

Be mindful as well that you if you have video playback with audio from the 2nd laptop you will have to delay that audio to sync up with the image on the screen....best to have a digital mixing board or audio delay software.
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

If you were to run keynote on the same computer as Resolume, could you not "Syphoned" the actual presentation into Resolume as an active window? You'd still retain the use of the clicker etc as well ?

http://www.sigmasix.ch/syphoner/
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

But how would presentation mode work with syphon?

I imagine going into presentation mode while Resolume has its full screen overlay going could cause some issues.

Could load Keynote on an iPad and Airplay it to your server then syphon/spout it from there. You can use AirServer to receive on PC if you need to.

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

Not familiar with Keynote in all honesty, however if you can step through a presentation in a windowed mode, I'd zoom in onto it via syphoner and route it that way.
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

If you want to do it right, you'll need a second computer and a capture card (or two) on your Resolume rig to ingest the presentation (and the notes). One of the main advantages of Keynote is that you can manage 2 additional screens in presenter mode so you can use one for the presentation and one for speaker notes.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

With a capture Card you can get the output from a laptop into another laptop (resolume) and use it there as source. Like a webcam.

You ll find tons of topics for different capture cards in the forum, blackmagic intesity shuttle & magwell are the ones mentioned very often.

And dont forget the smart thing oaktown said about delay when your keynote have audio inside.
Thanks for that, i would have forgot it ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Amihro

Post by Amihro »

Thank you, you've been really helpful to me! I've done some tests using the Blackmagic intensity as a source and everything went exactly as I wanted.

VIVA RESOLUME! :)