Enttec DMX USB PRO MK2 problem in Resolume 5.0.4

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
.wju
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Enttec DMX USB PRO MK2 problem in Resolume 5.0.4

Post by .wju »

My enttec was working in Resolume Arena 5.0.1 - of course fiew time during every show (4-5h) he buged and has stopping the lights, than I needed to unplugged it and plugged it again and it was fine. - shity solution, but ok.

Today I've upgraded to 5.0.4. and my program don't see enttec at all.

1. I've tried witch pro manager - every think is fine
2. i've tried resolume 4 and enttec is shown as input
3. I've deleted config.xml and dmx.xml - still not working?

Is it happening to any one else?
Please Resolume team, what can I do to fix it?
#ultimateexperiencedesign
VJ since 2010 #wjuvjs
www.wju.com.pl

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Enttec DMX USB PRO MK2 problem in Resolume 5.0.4

Post by Zoltán »

you can always keep the older versions installed to keep your shows running, until a fix is available.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I'm guessing you're on OSX and running a version before 10.11 El Capitan.

Starting with Mavericks, Apple changed their USB drivers, which prevented the Enttec devices from working correctly. Enttec first provided several hacks as temporary solutions, but they were forced to finally solve the situation on El Capitan, when all the hacks stopped working. The good news is you now no longer need any custom drivers for Enttec on OSX. So yay for that.

This only works on El Capitan though. So the downside is that you have to upgrade both to El Capitan or higher and Resolume 5.0.2 or higher for this fix to work. We had to make a choice to either support the old drivers, which would only work with OSX versions older than Yosemite, or the new way, which means you can only use newer OSX versions than Yosemite. Obviously we went with the way that has a future :)

Tl;dr: upgrade to El Capitan.

.wju
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by .wju »

Problem is, that I've OS X el Capitan.
I remember, that when I've started to use enttec (with el capitan and 5.0.1)
I do some tricks to use it correctly (some terminal sudo stuff) - maby it is it?
What can I do fix it now?
Enttec works perfectly fine with 5.0.1. , 4.2.1 and PRO-Manager too, so the connection between OS X and enttec i suppose is not an issue.

Do anything changed between 5.0.1 and 5.0.4 in a case of dmx drivers/connection for enttec?
#ultimateexperiencedesign
VJ since 2010 #wjuvjs
www.wju.com.pl

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Download PRO-Manager 2.34 Beta and that should solve your problems when running Arena 5.0.2 or later.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Resolume 5.0.1 and earlier use the old Enttec drivers.
Resolume 5.0.2 and later use the new OSX drivers, which is what Enttec now recommends since El Capitan.

When you ran that terminal command to get 5.0.1 to work, you switched drivers. So you'll have to switch them back. If Pro-Manager doesn't do the job for you, it's best to contact Enttec support and ask them how to reverse their hack.