HDMI to SDI not working

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

HDMI to SDI not working

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

Last weekend I plugged my Macbook to a ADVC G1 (https://www.grassvalley.com/docs/DataSh ... DVC_G1.pdf) using a HDMI cable, then using a SDI cable I plugged the box to the projector but I couldn't get anything going on the projector. I had HDMI selected as my input on the box. At the end I had to bypass the box and connect my laptop straight to the projector using a DVI cable.

I never used these signal box converters before, any suggestions on what I was doing wrong?

Many thanks

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: HDMI to SDI not working

Post by Oaktown »

Is the "V" LED next to the HDMI port steady or blinking?

What resolution/frame rate are you using and what's your projector?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Another thought: If you're feeding the signal into a professional/broadcast system, make sure your HDMI signal is set to 59.94 not 60. and you might also want to set dipswitches 5 & 6 to force an up-conversion mode to 1080p or 1080i

Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

Oaktown wrote:Is the "V" LED next to the HDMI port steady or blinking?

What resolution/frame rate are you using and what's your projector?
Hi Oaktown

The V LED was steady. Unfortunately I don't have access to the box anymore and I can't remember what resolution/frame rate I was using. The projector was a panasonic 5000 lumens but I'm not sure what model.

I just want to understand what I was doing wrong and what to look for when I come across a similar situation next.
Like I said I never used a broadcast system before (or never had to do the set up) and I want to be ready for it next time.

I remember reading posts where people have similar issues and some users suggested using software that give you more options when it comes to select output resolution / frame rate and etc. Is this the case?

I'm sure some of your suggestions will already be helpful.

Thanks