Working on a projection show away from the projector

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Working on a projection show away from the projector

Post by Arvol »

SiNiSon
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by SiNiSon »

All the techlife tools are discontinued :( has anyone found anything new that would allow Resolume output to ipads or phones on the same network?

S

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Possibly NDI. You'll need to find away to get a NDI|HX stream sent to a web browser that supports it on your IOS device. Or bug Newtek enough until they build an app for it.
I tried to get syphon to work (unsuccessfully) and couldn't get a reply by on support when I reached out.
The Newtek forums might be a good place to start.
At this point Syphon and NDI would be your options.
NDI HX is about a quarter of the bandwidth of your typical NDI stream so that would be a good route. Not sure if regular NDI streams can be recieved by that as well, or if the sender has to send out the HX flavor or not. That would be a good question to ask Newtek. If so, then Resolume may not be able to send out the HX flavor atm or not? Again, question's I have but no answers for them currently. Hope this info will at least get you on the right path.

I was told getting a small tablet with a full version of windows on it, and running Newtek Studio Monitor or Chrome would be the immediate solution for my project, at the end of the day, the client didn't want to shell out $300-$400 for 4 tablets to make it happen and the project was abandoned.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »