R6 NDI out put~!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
lovezhiqi123
Is taking Resolume on a second date

R6 NDI out put~!

Post by lovezhiqi123 »

I have two computers。

PC1 sets output NDI

PC2 adds NDI to a deck.I can find PC1 information ON NDI

But PC2's monitor always black screen~!

subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: R6 NDI out put~!

Post by subpixel »

What do you mean by "black screen"? Is the composition preview black?

If you are using Advanced Output and don't have a device sending to an actual screen, there will be no output on an actual screen.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Please check your firewall settings regarding Resolume on both machines, and allow inbound and outbound connections, to see if that fixes this.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

lovezhiqi123
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by lovezhiqi123 »

Zoltán wrote:Please check your firewall settings regarding Resolume on both machines, and allow inbound and outbound connections, to see if that fixes this.
Thanks!
OK I will try again~! Thanks

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Ideally, if something is blocking NDI from working between two computers, be it a problem with the assigned IPs, firewalls or something else entirely, it shouldn't show as an available option in the Sources tab.

Either there is a valid NDI sender you can connect to, or there isn't. Resolume shouldn't show you a sender you can't connect to.

I know that doesn't do anything to solve your problem, but it's more me thinking out loud.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Can you check your NDI signal on both PC1 & PC2 in NDI video monitor? You can download it for both Mac & PC at the following link.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

I've done a bit of testing, and can not get NDI output to work consistently with R6.

Tried a 4k, 2k, 1080p & 720p composition, 1 layer, with the standard NDI output and NDI output from advanced output.

2 machines, 1 with a 980, other with a 860m. R6 and NDI video monitor/scan converter on both machines as well as NDI camera on iPhone, wired network for machines . iPhone defaulting to 720p30. Adobe NDI plugins used for testing also.

IPhone to Video Monitor on both machines is good, same with signal to Arena.

After Effects/Premiere to Video Monitor on both machines is good, both applications shows up as server for Arena on both machines.

Scan Converter is also bi-directional.

Arena showed up in video monitor twice yesterday after restarting numerous times. Firewall is completely disabled and nothing shows up now.

I've tried starting Arena, then NDI output, then video monitor. Then Video monitor first.

Other applications will still show up as sources if I start them after Video Monitor, but Arena doesn't do anything. Spout doesn't work between machines also.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

dirtyjohn_lv wrote:Spout doesn't work between machines also.
It won't ever, it's texture sharing 'inside' the GPU.

If you don't have firewall enabled on either of the machines then you should be able to connect to Resolume NDI output.

Your Resolume log file should get a line when you try to connect to an NDI server, it will contain a Port number around 5960. That's the port you can connect to the NDI server. This port is different from the MDNS discovery packets (5353) so with a firewall you could have a situation where you see the NDI server but can't connect to it if the NDI server port is blocked.
But you don't have firewalls.

First, make sure you only have one network adapter enabled per machine.

The next step I would take is to look at the actual network traffic on your machines.
If you are up for it, Wireshark is a nice tool for this. https://www.wireshark.org/download.html
Once you start it, double click on your network adapter, and the capture should get started.
In the 'GO' menu item, select the Auto Scroll in live capture option.
In the 'Apply a display filter' textbox enter mdns and press enter.
Now when you start Resolume 6 on the other machine and enable NDI output you should see mdns packets come in, they will be placed on the bottom of the list.
They should look somewhat like this:
Képernyőfotó 2017-10-24 - 23.43.17.png
there are some OSC related lines here, I have OSC enabled in resolume.
You can also see lines containing "(Arena - Composition)._ndi._tcp.local" those are about the composition NDI output.
Once those are in, and you try to connect to the NDI output of resolume, and the connection is established, there should be a lot of TCP packets going back and forth. You can just clear the filter to see those.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

packets.png

Firewalls on both machines turned off, R6 running on both, Wireshark running on both. All network adapters but the wired connection set to "disabled". Seems to be trying port 5353, but nothing related to Arena or NDI, just AV decoder

I sent in my log file, I did not see any lines referencing NDI

One thing I notice when running NDI camera, the packets from the camera are TCP based, but the packets coming from the 860m machine are UDP based

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you enable OSC input resolume on one of the machines,
do you see it listed on the other machine in resolume OSC preferences in the combobox in when you enable OSC output?