Re-Occuring freezing problem in R5 and R6

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Wasko
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re-Occuring freezing problem in R5 and R6

Post by Wasko »

Hey all,

This may or may not be an issue with my particular hardware setup, so this is partly inquiring to see if other have had the same issue.

This is a problem that is present in both R5 and now R6.

The scenario: I have a show up and running and everything is going smooth. Sometimes, I may step away from my computer / controller for an extended period of time (to the washroom or out for a smoke) and come back to the project.

At this point, occasionally when launching a new clip or triggering a new effect Resolume will freeze for a brief (but noticeable) period of time of around 3 - 4 seconds and then return to functioning normally. No more issues, but if I stop interacting with the interface for another extended amount of time, this may happen again. The likelihood and frequency of this happening is higher when greater amounts of time are spent away from interaction. I have also found it is more likely to happen when triggering content that has not yet been played during that particular session.

Has anyone else noticed this?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Re-Occuring freezing problem in R5 and R6

Post by drazkers »

Wasko wrote:Hey all,

This may or may not be an issue with my particular hardware setup, so this is partly inquiring to see if other have had the same issue.

This is a problem that is present in both R5 and now R6.

The scenario: I have a show up and running and everything is going smooth. Sometimes, I may step away from my computer / controller for an extended period of time (to the washroom or out for a smoke) and come back to the project.

At this point, occasionally when launching a new clip or triggering a new effect Resolume will freeze for a brief (but noticeable) period of time of around 3 - 4 seconds and then return to functioning normally. No more issues, but if I stop interacting with the interface for another extended amount of time, this may happen again. The likelihood and frequency of this happening is higher when greater amounts of time are spent away from interaction. I have also found it is more likely to happen when triggering content that has not yet been played during that particular session.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Your machine is putting your HD to sleep and your triggering is waking it back up. You can disable this feature in windows power settings.